How old are Peugeot drivers?

Yq397r

I'm 34 from Regina Saskatchewan Canada.

I started driving my brothers 504 Peugeot's in Grade 11 - So 16. When I was 17 I stuffed the 604 V6 4-sp into a 504 sedan. Damn was it fast. I've been a Peugeot speed freak ever since.

I've owned one ever since. (Actually more than one - current number is 7 (3 parts cars, 4 projects - 83 504 wagon, 76 504 Sedan, 86 505 Turbo, 85 505 Turbo)

I need to get the number down to 2, but I love the 83 504 wagon! The other keepers are the 76 504 sedan and the 86 505 Turbo. Current Crazy thought is to put the 504 Wagon on a Toyota 4 Runner chassis for a future family car.

I'm 27. My father bought a 505 GRE (XN1 engine) in 1985 and I got it in 1995 when I got my driver's licence (18 years in Finland). In 2002 I bought a 1981 505 STI (2,0 ZEJK) as a parts car, in 2003 my first 505 Turbo Injection, the 2nd in 2004 and the 3rd in 2005. I'm going to try to stop myself from buying another 505 next year. ;-) Too much to do with my current cars already...

It was very fun to drive it a bit. ;-) If you look through all the five pages of pictures, you'll find out that I cut it up and transported the scrap metal for recycling. ;-) Now that *very old* trailer that's on the picture is cut into pieces and waiting to be recycled too. ;-D

I don't like to slaughter 505's but this one was too rusty to be repaired (when there are so much 505's in better condition available)... BTW, there's now a same 505 model but from 1979 for sale in a Finnish web site which lists ads from both private persons and companies: link. Must be one of the first...

Click here to list all 505's that are on sale on that web site. You can click the flag on the upper right corner of the page to switch language to English (at least partially).

• 2 months later...
Guest the505inme

I'm 33.

Had my first Peug at 16, a 79 504 diesel with the 3 spd auto tranny. Slowest car ever, but I loved it all the same. Died from rust.

Next car was also a 79 504 diesel, 4spd manual. All mod cons, alloy wheels. Rust got her too....

In comes a black 1984 505 STI gas, 3 spd auto, family's car. Wonderful, classy, leather, 140 kph criusing. Many speeding tickets. Stolen once, then returned. Repainted, sold to a friend, died of blown tranny, 400,000km.

Current ride: Silver 1986 505 Turbo.

4 spd auto, ex Peug mech car. speedy luxury = more speeding tickets. Well worth it.

No rust, no winters. This one's a keeper!

I'm 42, I started riding in Peugeots since 1968. It was my neighbors 404, and I guess the feeling never left me. Bought my wife an 82 turbo diesel in 1994, and some how ended up driving it for a daily work car, for many years. Have had others, several 84-85 sedans with the xn6 engines, and one wagon. Currently drive for work, is a 81 turbo diesel, with 293,000 miles on it, (the seats are just beginning to break in), and is extremely realiable. Also have an 89 V6 sedan, with 23,000 originals miles on it, that is finally off the road, to complete the restoration. For being a V6, makes even late model Bmw's at 100 mph, take a second look in the rear view mirror as I flash the ole' headlights, to have them pull to the right. Restoration? The car was never garaged, so its mainly cosmetics, and I plan to have a 9.0 car when finished. August has seen the car earlier this year. I have other french cars, but that's another story. Happy motoring to all, always glad to be different. Anyone can have a Jap import, but it takes Lion pride, to own a Peugeot ! Jeff

I'm 33.

Had my first Peug at 16, a 79 504 diesel with the 3 spd auto tranny. Slowest car ever, but I loved it all the same. Died from rust.

Next car was also a 79 504 diesel, 4spd manual. All mod cons, alloy wheels. Rust got her too....

In comes a black 1984 505 STI gas, 3 spd auto, family's car. Wonderful, classy, leather, 140 kph criusing. Many speeding tickets. Stolen once, then returned. Repainted, sold to a friend, died of blown tranny, 400,000km.

Current ride: Silver 1986 505 Turbo.

4 spd auto, ex Peug mech car. speedy luxury = more speeding tickets. Well worth it.

No rust, no winters. This one's a keeper!

I'm 41, first close touch was in -67 when we did have 203 for short while -> engine was used in Amstrong Siddley which I used as play ground at home yard :( I don't remember why my dad was doing engine swap :unsure:

Next close contact was when I started in local peugeot dealer as mecanic in -84, and in -85 this one came in there as show car My 505 turbo :o We weren't eaven alloved to test that, and I did first service for it. And that was impressive car in those days! So circle has closed when I did buy that in year 2000. I didn't have to think twice whe I noticed at that was same car which I serviced in -85. So that was my first 505 turbo and eaven I have had nicer and more special ones this one has kept my hart B).

V-M

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 21, and I bought my 505 turbo in 2003. I'm not really into French cars, I'd rather drive a German, but the car was cheap (400€ :)), it had a turbocharged engine, rwd and LSD. Can't be totally hopeless eh? :D

• 1 month later...

I'm 27. When I was a child my parents drove a 505 Familiale (7 places). There my love for the 505 comes from. I always wanted a 505 and looked very hard to find one in good condition, which is not easy in Holland. Only 350 remains, most of them are shipped to Africa. The ones that are left are rarely in very good shape. But in december last year I found one. I'm also driving a 306 and before that I had a 205. You can see what is left from that one in http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=212

My 505 pics can be found in http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=211

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems strange that all Peugeot 505 drivers here are between 20 and 40 years. In Holland this car was, in the eighties at least, popular by drivers between 50 and 70 years.

it is interesting, i agree. I thought Trevor and i were some of the youngest Peugeot owners around. every time i see someone driving a 505 here in the US it seems like they are 35+ years old.

it is interesting, i agree. I thought Trevor and i were some of the youngest Peugeot owners around. every time i see someone driving a 505 here in the US it seems like they are 35+ years old.

The oldies didn't find this site yet probably. :D

ouch! :) hahahah

I think to an extent your right though brownie. its like trying to get people off the peugeot-l mailing list. it seems like some on that list have a hard enough time just being a member and dealing with how technical that is. asking to learn a whole new thing is a whole new mountain to climb. :D

• 2 months later...

I'm 35 years old.

It's my first Peugeot and I own it for 9 years now.

My 1985 turbo was badly treated so I had to invest a huge amount of time to get it right.

At the local Peugeot dealer they get worried when I don't appear for a month :(

Fortunately I didn't arrive at the point that I had to choose between the wife and the car :D

• 3 months later...

I'm 18 years old and I've had my 505 turbo injection for about two months. Unfortunetly I havent driven it yet, because of my troublish ignition-system, but hopefully that will be fixed soon so I can drive the damn thing! :unsure:

I bought it mainly for 3 things: It was very cheap! , 180hp and rwd, I also kinda liked the looks of it.

Guest puck_supra

Ok I dont realy own a Peugoet yet but I know about the one I am looking at for the last 2 years so I guess with any luck I will still be 22 when I get it and get it going. O and buy the way I notice that alot of you have 505 kicking around. So I was wondering if anyone had a set of rear swing arms that you might be willing to part with. I am looking at a 505 S turbo. it has some rust but it realy need swing arms. Any help would be awsome. thanx yall

• 1 month later...

I'm 16 and 17 in a few months..my dad bought it in 83, new...I collected the cars that my parents didnt want anymore,,my dad has a 07 audi a6 4.2 quattro s line sedan, my mom has a 06 bmw 530xi m sport package...im stuck with a old peugeot, old volvo, a 02 problematic (seriously) volvo xc70, i had a 89 toyota camry, my grandma's, i gave it back to her because she needed a second car, to her mercedes s500, and my grandpa recently had his licese revoked to his old age, he has (for a few more months till i get it, a 06 Volvo S60 2.5t "r" it's his project car.

• 8 months later...

37 here. Saw Peugeots at the dealership here in town growing up. Even took a few brochures out of there. :( My 82 Turbodiesel was my first - according to its second owner it was owned by a serviceman who drove it through Germany, Italy, France and the UK. Its a world traveler !

Ive owned it over five years - its never let me down.