Fernando Aguado - You will be missed my friend

It's with great sadness that I post that our community has lost one of our own. Fernando (Eurotrash) was a great guy, with incredible talent for photography and a deep passion for the Peugeot marque that binds us all. I'm still in shock to be honest, as I still can't wrap my head around it.

Our deepest condolences to his family and friends during this incredibly difficult time. One very important thing I would like to bring to everyone's attention is the fund that has been set up by Fernando's brother David - Please donate what you can to help his family carry out his last wishes.

From the donation site: http://www.gofundme.com/98aasw

1381468_1400196815.4789.jpg

With great sadness we share with you the passing of Fernando Andrés Aguado, beloved son, brother and friend. He passed away on May 12, 2014 at 38 years old.

He was born in Rosario, Argentina and moved to the United States in 1991. He loved fishing, photograpy, Photoshop editing, playing tennis, running, maintaining and contributing to his Peugeot fan club on Facebook, taking care of his cats Miyuki and Sean Connery, watching science fiction movies, and listening to music. Some of his favorite bands were Nine Inch Nails, Soda Stereo / Gustavo Cerati, Fito Páez, The Birthday Massacre, Nirvana, and Tori Amos.

He loved the city that he was born in and would go visit his friends and family as often as he could. One of his favorite things to do while he was there was go fishing so his final wish was to have his body cremated and his ashes thrown into the Paraná river in Rosario, Argentina.

We are asking for donations to help pay for the plane tickets and travel costs to Argentina for his parents Roberto and Griselda Aguado as well as any assistance for the family during this difficult time.

as i mentioned to jeff (peugeottogo) this morning, peugeot has always made wonderful cars but what makes these groups great is the people...and fernando was one of the people responsible for that greatness. he had a dark sense of humor and sometimes came off in group discussions as a bit of a curmudgeon, but he was always generous, helpful and genuinely concerned for his friends in individual conversation. those of us who knew him, will miss him greatly.

My most favourite funny thread on this forum - it still makes me laugh no matter how often I read it: http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F1989-bastille-day-2011-photo-challenge%2F%3Ffromsearch=1

I really enjoyed his contributions and he will definitely be missed.

I am now drawn towards finding someone that had the resources and the means to finish Fernando's 505. Not only would they get a beautiful low mile car, but I personally think it'd be a great way to honour his memory. Hopefully it stays in their family, but if it has to be sold, then I hope we can find it a good home.

Rabin

I always found him to be full of life and passion and most of all, he had the funniest personality ever. I remember our chats, he was such a teenager! What a guy... Will dearly miss him.
Rest in Peace my fellow Argentinian! Hope your V6 gets finished someday, I know you would be proud Fer...

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

While pruning members from the forum last night (mail undeliverable, not active), I came across Fern's e-mail address...

Just couldn't bring myself to delete his account though - so as long as the site's up, Fernando's account will remain.

Cheered myself up by reading some of his funnier posts - I still laugh at his "...bitchez.." comment. :)

Rabin

• 6 years later...