Jump to content

my3AWDgst

Members
  • Content Count

    1,216
  • Joined

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About my3AWDgst

  • Rank
    Peugeot Enthusiast
  • Birthday 01/11/1981

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Sacramento

Contact Methods

Recent Profile Visitors

8,751 profile views
  1. Thank you guise 🙂 IT definitely turned out better then expected. I can’t get my eyes 👀 of it 😂 Yes Rabin he did end up finding them, should be done by end of the week.
  2. Door moldings and arch trims need more adjustments but it’s pretty close.
  3. I got the front end assembled today, unfortunately it took about six hours to get it all together, I really like how it turned out.
  4. Picked up brackets from powder coater and purchased double side tape that supposedly is made only for automotive trims and it had high strength glue.
  5. I end up picking it up on Tuesday and on Wednesday I installed rear bumper, I’m satisfied the way it all turned out. Earlier today I noticed that rear arch trims are missing 😞 I called my painter and he looked trough the shop and did not fined them, supposedly he will look more thoroughly tomorrow. Hopefully they surface up otherwise I’ll end up getting another set from UK.
  6. Whole last week I was at Arizona with Gooding&Company for car auction, my favorite one was 190E Evolution II and I did drive it on auction block. Here are few pictures of cars that we had.
  7. Sneak Peak 🙂 Painter send me few pictures today, most likely I’ll pick it all up tomorrow.
  8. Washed arch trims and chrome inserts today and I had to made one front chrome insert as it was not supplied by seller. Luckily Paul gave me few extra rear chrome strips so I just end up cutting it and shaped the ends of it to match original one. I’m really debating on cutting over fender trims and also I can’t make decision if I should paint them in color of the car including door moldings and bumpers. Opinions are welcome 🙂
  9. Arch trims came in today, big thanks to Paul Gritton to make this happen. Brakes calipers came from 406 HDI so did new pads and rotors, these are for my Wagon.
  10. WOW last post was January 19! I haven’t really driven it till last few weeks but I did do engine oil change and replaced subwoofer and new better subwoofer box. It’s retired from truck duty so rear trunk space is no longer important so upgraded was a do. And yes Mike lid closes just fine, I’m holding it up so I can take picture of it 😉
  11. As you would expect I used US body kit to live on this car now, I have it all fitted and now it’s just waiting it’s turn to go to paint shop which won’t be for some time 😞 I also purchased windshield removing tool and windshield bonding glue so I can remove rear windshield out of parts car and replace the non existing one lol Sometimes next month I’ll search for new front windshield as this is cracked beyond saving. I should also add that I replaced rear bumper, brackets and crash bar as old bumper was cracked from previous kiss in the arse (lucky no body damage) and all of the brackets and bolts were rusted and now replaced as this car lived in Michigan for few years. One more thing I added to this car is longer front fender and rear fender trims, only very early 89 cars have them ones that were built in early to mid 88 as 89 models. These up front are longer and they go across entire fender as later 89 and up model are using shorter moldings. Rear short moldings were available only on early cars and 89 and did not have them at all.
  12. For about five years now I’ve been waiting for this exhaust to look as it should, according to Dave at Euro Sports where I purchased it (it was new he’s old display unit) it was built in UK 🇬🇧 in early 90’s on Euro platform so with US bumpers it would look short. Tail pipe was tucked in under rear bumper and I did not want to extend it as I knew this day would come when I would have proper bumpers on it. I made some small adjustments on it as it’s more visible now, muffler just needed to be rotated up and to the left to look like it was in center. It really looks perfect now, tail pipe has about 10mm clearance between bumper and it sticks out about 15mm so it looks just right like it should. Now one more problem that I ran in to is that US cars have rocker panels painted dark gray with texture on to of it so when you add Euro side skirts that texture is visible and it’s gonna need to be painted in color of the car. Paul has included new front bumper side brackets and unfortunately they were about 10mm to long, so instead of having original rusted ones stripped and coated I decided to cut out 10mm out of new brackets and have them welded and powder coated.
  13. Once this US to Euro swap is done I’ll make a separate thread on how to as usually keyboard mechanics that never have done this type of swap tell you it just bolts up, well let me tell you that ain’t the case. Now front bumper is definitely direct bolt on and it bolt up with out any drama. Once I get my arch trims (arrives sometimes today) I’ll finish up with fitting it all and take it to paint shop, arch trim is by far the most important pice, with out it you just can get door moldings and side skirts to fit perfect.
  14. You can attach it with screws, in my case I choose M6 button head bolts and flange nuts. Quality is good but it extremely flimsy, I fiberglassed under side to make it sturdy. Definitely needs to be cleaned up before I take it to paint shop.
  15. I end up repairing my fuel gauge sending unit as well, that little arm in the picture below that moves up and down lost one of the contact tabs and did not make any contacts with little resistance circuit board. I end up using it from another broken sending unit that had good working arm and contacts.
×
×
  • Create New...