Parts

So I failed to mention I just got another 88 stx about 2 months ago,well I guess it's half mine since my dad jumped all over it since the first day we got it lol but anyways my dad got the impression the car needed new rotors I told him dad u will never get them. Being the very determined person he is I did t hear much about the subject last week I opened the stx' trunk there were to centric boxes there ( about the size of a rotor) I was surprised when I opened them to find an actual 505 vented bend new rotor for his car!!!! 0_0 I asked him were he for them from!?!? He said " oh sunnymead auto supplies down the street" I was like what!?!? And he also had another pair for the back bran new!!! So apparently this sunnymead auto parts place has been supplying my father with 505 parts begin my back lol anyways to make a long story short it's one of the guys my work (automotive shop I work for) has been buying pe

Arts from for the past 3 years 0_0.. The guys is ordering a water pump for my zn3j for only 85 bucks!! There are a couple of parts he can't get but the rotors are very surprising : ] so whoever is interested in parts just leave a comment on here with all ur info and I will be more than happy to ask for u and I will also be very happy to ship ur guys stuff to u : ] just let me know I love my 505's I have three prv's now and it's been my dream car since I first got my glx back in 04 I would love to see peugeot come back : ]

Are these rotors for an ABS car? Weren't most 88 STXs ABS equipped?

i believe so, my dad's stx is ABS equipped

I'd bet those are non-ABS rotors. If I'm wrong - I'll happily eat my words! The rotor mounts to the hub with a very wide center opening with 4 sets of 2 bolts (8 holes). If you can post pics I can tell you right away if they're legit. Part numbers if they are legit ABS rotors will be mandatory of course. :D

If they are non-abs disks - your best bet will be to get some early 944 Porsche rotors machined to fit. (Or machine the hubs to fit the Porsche rotors.)

Rabin

as rabin noted, the ABS rotors have 8 mounting holes, as compared to the non-ABS rotors which have 4 mounting holes. also, the non-ABS rotors are 273mm in diameter, while the ABS rotors are 283mm in diameter.

a while back, a vendor on ebay listed a pair of ABS rotors for US$99 with free shipping. the picture only showed the box, not the actual rotors. too good to be true, right? even though i don't have an abs car, i bought them sight unseen since they were so cheap; i had no idea what i was going to do with them smile.gif. of course, they were non-abs rotors. the seller was super-nice about the whole thing, he refunded my money and paid for return shipping...

andré

Wow u guys are just as excited as I :D I will post pics and part numbers tomorrow but they are definitely vented rotors : ]

I very much hope you are right Horhay... But all 505 Turbo / V6 rotors are vented. Andre mentioned the size difference, and we both mentioned the difference in mounting (8 holes for the ABS - 4 holes for non-ABS cars).

You should be able to tell right away once look at the holes in the rotor hat. Measuring it will be the next easiest way - but pics are always nice for everyone to know for sure. :)

Rabin

They are four bolt holes so they are non abs but I will definitely still post pics and parts numbers : ] and I will ask my dad how much he paid for them

alright peeps im sorry it took me so long too post pics and info its been long days at work. my dad got the front rotors for $84 for the pair and $73 and some change for the rears sounds too good too be true i have to verify but here go the pics and part numbers :) also i just got a water pump for my zn3j for $105 gonna pick it up tomorrow :)

post-913-0-06557100-1341021715_thumb.jpg

post-913-0-52325900-1341021778_thumb.jpg

post-913-0-06805300-1341021861_thumb.jpg

post-913-0-02212400-1341021905_thumb.jpg

post-913-0-57707000-1341021957_thumb.jpg

alright peeps im sorry it took me so long too post pics and info its been long days at work. my dad got the front rotors for $84 for the pair and $73 and some change for the rears sounds too good too be true i have to verify but here go the pics and part numbers :) also i just got a water pump for my zn3j for $105 gonna pick it up tomorrow :)

post-913-0-06557100-1341021715_thumb.jpg

post-913-0-52325900-1341021778_thumb.jpg

post-913-0-06805300-1341021861_thumb.jpg

post-913-0-02212400-1341021905_thumb.jpg

post-913-0-57707000-1341021957_thumb.jpg

Lucky you! Those are gorgeous rotors!

A great price too! Have fun and enjoy them!

I have two set of rear I just got in of Centric

0703121747.jpg

Front OE rotors go for $275 for a pair for Non ABS cars, The last time I checked on ABS Rotors was last year and Madhu wanted $750 for the pair my cost...

0703121757.jpg