Bastille Day 2011 Photo challenge...

Bean

My brother had a great idea to celebrate Bastille Day this year (Thursday July 14th) - A challenge to everyone to shine up their ride and take a picture of it, then post it here on Bastille Day for all to enjoy.

It can be any theme you want, but some suggestions would be to take pthe picture near something historically / personally / regionally significant in your area. Anything and everything really - but I thought it was cool enough to start a tradition with. :)

Rabin

Guest EUROTRASH

My brother had a great idea to celebrate Bastille Day this year (Thursday July 14th) - A challenge to everyone to shine up their ride and take a picture of it, then post it here on Bastille Day for all to enjoy.

It can be any theme you want, but some suggestions would be to take pthe picture near something historically / personally / regionally significant in your area. Anything and everything really - but I thought it was cool enough to start a tradition with. :)

Rabin

I have 3 good shots of the interior of my car, but that's all, I wouldn't dare shoot the exterior of the car right now.. :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10697960@N07/sets/72157625436319972/with/5194619182/

Good idea though..

my car is beat to shit, and it isn't even running at the moment. since i live in LA, my plan is to snap a picture when some bleach-blondes with fake boobs walk by. :D

seriously, though, one of you norcal guys need to take a pic on the bixby bridge. isn't that in jeff's neck of the woods?

a lot of the forums i check into regularly (wheelwhores, aussiefrogs, etc.) have a banner on the forum homepage that rotates relevant pics. maybe if we get enough of these "local flavor" pics, rabin could set that up for this american peugeot forum...

andré

Guest EUROTRASH
my plan is to snap a picture when some bleach-blondes with fake boobs walk by. :D

andré

Now you're talking... :lol:

Alright... alright, I'll park my car on the driveway and wait for some hot girls to walk by... "hey, check out my wrecked 505... bitchez.."

Sound good to you Rob?

Guest EUROTRASH

Is it just me? ...or is every single car in this thread beat to shit?? LOL :lol:

Except for Rabin's of course, he's got the Peugeot angel watching over him... or something.

You picked one hell of a year to take photos of our cars Rabin... way to go!!!

hahaha!!

my car is beat to shit, and it isn't even running at the moment. since i live in LA, my plan is to snap a picture when some bleach-blondes with fake boobs walk by. :D

seriously, though, one of you norcal guys need to take a pic on the bixby bridge. isn't that in jeff's neck of the woods?

a lot of the forums i check into regularly (wheelwhores, aussiefrogs, etc.) have a banner on the forum homepage that rotates relevant pics. maybe if we get enough of these "local flavor" pics, rabin could set that up for this american peugeot forum...

andré

So we want to see a Peugeot and the Bixby Bridge in a photo?

I thought the red light district with a few babes would be more interesting!

Hurricane point just south of the bridge is likely the best spot with or without the babes :)

Now you're talking... :lol:

Alright... alright, I'll park my car on the driveway and wait for some hot girls to walk by... "hey, check out my wrecked 505... bitchez.."

Sound good to you Rob?

That's hilarious!

You know that might just work... some felines really fall for the wounded sparrow thing...

time to get this photo challenge started for reals. i racked my brains and thought, "how can i photograph my car with a significant landmark when my car isn't running right now?" then it came to me -- i live near century city, which is home to a local/international landmark. with the right angle (i used a ladder), i can get it in the frame with my car. and here it is:

IMG_7349.jpg

don't see it? i've circled it here for your convenience:

IMG_7349a.jpg

still don't recognize it? here it is in another picture:

die_hard_ver2.jpg

it's fox plaza, a.k.a. "nakatomi plaza," a.k.a. "the diehard building." it's the headquarters of fox's movie business, the studio is nearby. the building was just finishing construction when the movie was being filmed, so fox just used their own building for the movie.

andré

Sadly emergency home renos mean I had no time for the car to get it up to snuff for a really nice Bastille day photoshoot. To top it off - the forecast is for thunder showers tonight, and 60% tomorrow.

That said - the car looks awesome in the rain. :) So regardless of the weather or the lack of prep - I'll be posting pics of my car tomorrow.

Rabin

Sadly my Bastille Day photo shoot plans were changed for me:

Accident

Not really wanting to "show it off" just now, so sadly the only pic I'll likely post is in the above post for reference sakes. Thankfully my brother Arun did take some recent shots of my car on his visit - so I'll be posting those here later tonight.

As bad as the day was with the accident, the outpouring of supportive e-mails, and of leads to replacement fenders has really been awesome. Once the car is back in shape, I'll take a "do over" and post the new photo shoot once the car is done.

Rabin

Thanks the Arun I have the quintessential Saskatchewan picture:

_MG_2570.JPG

And now for a bunch of others to show the pre-accident state of the car. It's been getting a bit of a rolling restoration since I bought it from August - so tell me what you think so far:

_MG_2648.JPG

_MG_2604.JPG

_MG_3127.JPG

_MG_3065.JPG

_MG_3059.JPG

_MG_3371.JPG

_MG_3028.JPG

So... Can anyone name off the cosmetic mods?

So... Can anyone name off the cosmetic mods?

i'll bite. i see the following deviations from stock:

1) different rear wing

2) non-stock front lighting - euro headlights and nice hella foglights

3) your skirts are removed (you've mentioned that, so this one is a gimme :) )

4) lower rear portion of your bumper cover is cut out

5) no badges on trunk lid (or is that normal for '89s?)

6) chrome strips on your bumper covers are blacked out

7) antenna removed (or is it just down?)

8) no high-mounted brake light (or may just be hard to see in pics)

9) side marker lights removed

andré

Good eye Andre - although some of the mods you listed are in fact just unfinished.

1) different rear wing - yup

2) non-stock front lighting - euro headlights and nice hella foglights - AND? Anything particular about the euro's?

3) your skirts are removed - Side skirts will be re-installed after the fender is repaired (jack points bonded in and blended seamlessly)

4) lower rear portion of your bumper cover is cut out - yup

5) no badges on trunk lid - I've got new emblems from another car I want to try out.

6) chrome strips on your bumper covers are blacked out - Chrome strips in the bumper shattered when I removed them, so I'll be using Fernando's tip with some 3M chrome trim to replace it.

7) antenna removed - Antenna has also been removed - I'm not fond of that location and would prefer a proper french roof mount later.

8) no high-mounted brake light - high mount brake light is now in the spoiler

9) side marker lights removed - marker lights will be reinstalled with a wee bit of tint on them

I think that does cover it - but something different I tried was the light smoke tint on both the euro's and the Hella's. The Hella 450's were the best fit I could find, but they're just a wee bit too big to fit inside the opening entirely, so I had to fabricate a custom mount with about 5 hours of noodling to get it as close as possible and still have proper aim.

The only things I'm on the fence about is the rear spoiler, and the tinted euro lights. Both are growing on me though, and I still think the car looks pretty darn good as it stands. Rear bumper also needs some fine tuning as well, but I'm digging the cut out. Aesthetically I should have left more on each side, but I was somewhat forced to go that wide by the existing muffler cut out, and from an aero point of view - that lower lip was just a big scoop to catch under car air with.

Rabin

These are pics of mine before i packed the car. The pics were taken at Mitsubishi & Chevolet dealership premises.

I would love to get a better spot to take the pics for this thread, but the recent activities of terrorist here in Abuja, is not helping matters.

ikenna.

post-856-0-14576900-1310743428_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-22998100-1310743539_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-36099000-1310743696_thumb.jpg

rabin -- wrt to the euro antenna, here is a UK vendor on ebay that sells euro antennas for peugeots and ships worldwide (if you are reading this after the link expires, search for ebay vendor "seysel2002"). very reasonable, antenna with shipping to US or Canada is only about US$21. it seems like the euro antenna is positioned such that you can access its underside by going through the overhead light console without doing violence to your headliner...

ikenna -- even though you've had lots of problems with that car, man, it sure is pretty. are you missing some lug nuts on your wheels, or is that just a trick of the light in the photos?

andré