Giving a 405 Sport Wagon another chance

my3AWDgst

Seats look great, floor mats fit perfectly great work, little variation in color is no big deal even from the factory there are 5 different shades, you may use some leather conditioner to bring them closer if it bothers you that much, great work.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that vinyl or leather?  It's huge $$ to get it done, but it can make a huge difference in how it looks.  Are you happy with workmanship?

As long as the new color matches the new carpet it should look great once everything is installed.

Rabin

Thank you guise. Rabin it's vinyl as leather would be twice as much,I almost opted for leather but then I remember I still have to get new wheels and paint job.

I'm satisfied with workmanship as it is lot better then what it was before.

I tested them this morning André and they work great.

The pockets on the back are called aumônières.

For some reason in the Mi16 with leather interior Peugeot used the lower part from the "regular" seats and not the sport ones ; not that it wasn't possible, they made it in the 309:

ZEBULON59photo3.jpg

I got my windows tinted few days ago,they are 25% all the way around.

On Monday I attempted to recharge A/C which end up working for only few minutes. Last year I did 134a retrofit so I used what I had left over to full it up and check for leaks. Not surprisingly I had one leak which end up being quick seal replacment fix. After I fully recharged it I left it idling for 10 minutes with me sitting inside the cabin enjoying cold air when all the sudden I noticed weird odor. I got out and noticed that it's coming front front of the car so I opened the hood and found that smoke is coming from A/C compressor clutch :-(

Quickly I turned engine off and started to clean up then all the sudden I heard this loud boom with green fluid leaking out,I told my self well this is great it looks like radiator has let go 10 minutes before I leave for work. Closer  examination confirmed it was Freon leaking around A/C dryer. Last year A/C worked great on this car with out any problems...oooohhh well this is battle for another day.

On possitive note I know my A/C compressor wiring to GTI6 end up being correct as no information on this was available.

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Window tint looks great, before i bought my mi16 i went and looked couple more 405's the first one that i look was the same color as yours and had window tint, it looked stunning in person, im sure the pictures do not do it justice, great work Savo.

9 hours ago, Goce said:

Window tint looks great, before i bought my mi16 i went and looked couple more 405's the first one that i look was the same color as yours and had window tint, it looked stunning in person, im sure the pictures do not do it justice, great work Savo.

Thank you. I personally think that still looks like a bucket but honestly body work is the only thing left.

I got A/C repaired today :-) I'll drive it for few weeks just to make sure that everything is OKay before I take it to a shop for proper A/C service with A/C machine.

I updated pressure switch to 91 and up style,replaced A/C receiver drier and compressor clutch coil. Problem was in 306 GTI coil,they do look identical however 12V+ and negative are on opposite sides to 405 unit. That caused my compressor clutch to smoke and lock up.

I also replaced crankshaft pulley as original has moved (rubber part failed) on these engine it is very important to have good crankshaft pulley as TDC hole is part of pulley. If you have one that's failed it may give you faulse TDC when you are changing timing belt which may result in valve to piston damage. If you look at my picture you can see that my TDC has moved for about 45*

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also today I had to rewire A/C compressor ON  input to ECU as when A/C compressor clutch is engaged idle would drop down and it would not increase as ECU is not aware of A/C compressor clutch command. Finding this information was tricky,all XU10J4RS swaps end up not using A/C system so there was zero information on this. If you remember I had to figure out fan control as well,at first I wired it in as 205 GTI guise did but with ignition on my fans were on at full speed do to missing Briton temperature sensor circuit. So pretty much once again I had to figure out this pice of puzzle my self.

I found ECU pin out diagram on Google however diagram shows A/C input at pin 26 and 50 which is not sufficient enough of information. On 405 those A/C inputs are at pin 41 and 40 where pin 41 is input from A/C switch and pin 40 is input from Trinary switch (A/C compressor 12V) so I end up getting small help from UK on this.

I made thread on 306 GTI forum about A/C schematic diagram with question specific about pin 26 and 50. One person gave me answer that 26 is A/C compressor on and 50 A/C select on.

The rest was simple! Using multi meter I found which pin these wires belog (to GTI6 pig tail that I used to mate 405 body harness) and they were next to each other. Next step was to connect 405 body side wires to GTI6 side and those were in MC3A (brown) connector. 

MC3A Pin A2 A/C select input (A/C switch) wire 41 to GTI6 8pin (small connector) green wire (ECU pin 50) 

MC3A Pin A5 A/C compressor ON ( from Trinary switch) wire 6A to GTI6 8 pin (small connector) white wire (ECU pin 26)

This 6A wire (MC3A connector pin# A5) needs to be spliced with brown wire in GTI6 small 8 pin connector pin #6.

Eureka!!!! With A/C compressor clutch engaged idle raises up and stays few RPMs higher,success gents!!!

And it's 23:15 and SavoSpec is very tired. Long day indeed.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

^^^ GTI6 small 8pin connector. 205 GTI guise don't use this at all,primarily it's used for A/C purpose only.

image.jpeg

^^^rear view of MC3A connector 

image.jpeg

^^^front view of MC3A connector.

image.jpeg

image.png

^^^GTI6 ECU pin out.

The wiring for the A/C on any peugeot seems to be more complicated than it needs to be, on my car the previous owner has hotwired a thermo switch from the radiator like the cars without a/c because he couldn't figure out the circuit, now when the car goes together i need to do something to improve it.

I've installed an alarm system with central lock in my back in 2009, best place i've found for the control box is under the steering column next to the fuse box, easy to get power, you can access the side indicators from the indicator stock, and the drivers door wires are drivers door wires are there, i can't remember i think red and yellow one locks the other unlocks, use a test light, start probing all the wires from the door, the filament in the test light is enough you will hear the locks lock and unlock is easy.

16 hours ago, Goce said:

I've installed an alarm system with central lock in my back in 2009, best place i've found for the control box is under the steering column next to the fuse box, easy to get power, you can access the side indicators from the indicator stock, and the drivers door wires are drivers door wires are there, i can't remember i think red and yellow one locks the other unlocks, use a test light, start probing all the wires from the door, the filament in the test light is enough you will hear the locks lock and unlock is easy.

Thank you.

No need to probe wires or use test light,I do have factory electrical manual so finding wires,connectors or pin numbers is extremely easy. 

Peugeot has hit the nail on the head with the GTI wheels, and they are able to take abuse like steel wheels, that look peugeot is still copying on the 605 series 2 wheels, 206, 307,407 wheel covers, the stands of you sportwagon are perfect Savo, have you rotate the torsion bars in the rear to get it that perfect, great work.

14 hours ago, Goce said:

Peugeot has hit the nail on the head with the GTI wheels, and they are able to take abuse like steel wheels, that look peugeot is still copying on the 605 series 2 wheels, 206, 307,407 wheel covers, the stands of you sportwagon are perfect Savo, have you rotate the torsion bars in the rear to get it that perfect, great work.

Yes I did rotated torsion bars to lower the rear. I'll do it one more time when I get coilovers. 

Front has too much wheel gap for my taste.

http://www.gazcoilovers.com/peugeot-c-183/peugeot-405-c-183_189/peugeot-405-gaz-front-coilover-kit-p-837.html

I got my eyes set on these. My rear shocks rear Bilstein's