Make your 405 a diesel!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEUGEOT-1W764-4-CYLINDER-DIESEL-ENGINE-REELMASTER-3500D-/380662240263?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a13cd407&vxp=mtr

I believe that is an XUD9, non turbo (65 or 70bhp), not the turbocharged one found on the genuine 405.

Realistically, such a project is probably hardly worth the cost, but on the other hand, it's neat that a big commercial lawn mower featured Peugeot diesel power.

I drove in a turbo diesel 405 in India and it was DAMN fast... I was seriously impressed, and if I was a 405 guy I'd seriously look at bringing one into Canada if I found the right cream puff. 'Course I'm a RWD 5 series Peugeot guy - so I'm modding my 505 TD accordingly.

After driving Marc's 205 however, and him saying the 405 handles very much like the 205 only bigger - I may have to rethink the fleet a little. :)

Rabin

If the 205 handles like a 405 but better, I can see the cult appeal of the 205 GTi. For having such a simple suspension, the 405's handling is remarkable even by today's standards. The roll stiffness is such that they oversteer very easily and steering input is very sharp. Drift a FWD car? Yes!

If the 205 handles like a 405 but better, I can see the cult appeal of the 205 GTi. For having such a simple suspension, the 405's handling is remarkable even by today's standards. The roll stiffness is such that they oversteer very easily and steering input is very sharp. Drift a FWD car? Yes!

I love the way my MI16 handels,I will pick up AVO CO's soon for it and get rid off lowering springs.

I'm hard core DSM-EVO guy but FWD MI16 is great car.

• 8 months later...

Pretty much anything that can physically fit in the space can work given enough money and skills. I would personally start with K series Honda FWD powertrain to see what that would take to work.

Rabin