my3AWDgst

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bean said:

Is there something you can do to prevent that E85 build up on the injectors?  That was a lot of gunk build up!

Rabin

Turbo cars create way more of that gunk as spray pattern is much larger and heavier. I haven't read up on it in a while but I do remember people running tank of 91 to avoid this problem.

Friend of a friend stopped by to borrow bad set of 2150's from me and turnes out that he has a injector flow and cleaning machine and I got my bad EVO 560cc's cleaned and dialed in for FREE :-)

Second picture is to show you how plugged up filter looked like after each injector was serviced. 

IMG_6547.JPG

IMG_6548.JPG

More parts came in today. EVO style 70mm black TB,intake pipes and black catch can.

I finally found reliable source in Europe to get a deal done on these Euro bumpers. I found this person on FB and turns out that he's looking for set of US bumpers so it will end up as even trade. He will include new fog light,mounting brackets and side skirts that need work.

I will also include all mounting brackets and lights,unfortunately I don't have good rear bumper but on Sunday I'll drive up to Bryan's house and pick one up from him. I'll trade set of my lowering springs for that bumper.

I'll definitely have busy Sunday at my house :-)

IMG_6573.JPG

IMG_6574.JPG

Great work on the TB and intake pipes, and the bumpers look good, can't wait to see a properly dressed mi16 in the us, couple of questions, are you installing all the door and wheel moldings form mi16, is the black textured plastic on the bumpers been painted, because from the factory they came little more gray ish, on my car i painted them black also, you can see in the first picture of my thread when is parked next to the red 405 how much difference in color there is from the factory.

• 1 month later...

This weekend I finally got tired of driving this car with out tachometer! I've called MSD to asked them if they produce tachometer interference that would work for my application and they suggested to visit Dakota Digital. After a brief conversation with D.D employee I was suggested to purchase SGI-8E. It took only one day for it to arrive and it's extremely easy to install and set up. I'm extremely happy and glad to say that my tachometer is functional now! This weekend I'll have it permanently mounted and calibrated.

IMG_4277.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven’t driven this car in a while now and this made one of the injectors to lock up (E85 gunk) so I replaced them with good tested and clean set. My buddy Derek with 9 second DSM stop by to set my SD table and lean spots. Everything went well and it’s dialed in really good now. He took bad injectors with him to test them snd clean them. 

8FFAAC6B-CA4E-498A-BB3C-571034CE053B.jpeg

A265BB9C-6730-4374-9D46-D521A0CC465F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...