1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo 5 Speed Manual

N9T

At 139,000kms the engine and transmission were been removed from the car taken apart, inspected and rebuilt, there is about 143,000kms on the car now.

New timing chain head serviced new exhaust valve guides rebuilt injectors new rings head and block resurfaced cylinder walls deglazed.

2nd and 3rd gear synchro slider replaced. Starter rebuilt, and all things incidental to putting the engine and transmission put back together and into the car.

The car was then taken for new paint. There was no rust on this car to repair it is stock with no filler. All the trim and the bumpers were removed before paint.

So far this year over $13,000:00 have been spent on this project.

About $7500:00 for the mechanical and $5000:00 for the paint. Incidentals have cost over $500.

A new driver's side mirror out of Portugal a rebuilt stock power aerial, a set of OEM original Bosch driving lamps out of Ohio. The list is quite long.

There was not much wrong with this car to start with. It had been sitting in a local Vancouver BC garage piled high with boxes and furniture for over 15 years.

This is a very nice car of about 7 x 505's I have owned over the last 20 years it is probably in the top 3 of ones I've owned.

It's a lovely car but I no longer feel the love. I would like it to go to a person who can appreciate the car it is and the care that was put into it. Someone who can feel the way I used to about this great car.

I just put a set of Michelin Hydroedges on it..............great tires ......makes the car feel like it should.

Please no shipping, be prepared to drive it home. Don't worry I've driven it every day for years.

One hell of a deal at $5400.00

Email Graeme aka N9T at: [email protected]

post-1025-0-32499600-1363312700_thumb.jp

post-1025-0-47767900-1363312724_thumb.jp

post-1025-0-93963900-1363312751_thumb.jp

post-1025-0-88773800-1363312963_thumb.jp

post-1025-0-79019700-1363312988_thumb.jp

post-1025-0-92853500-1363313010_thumb.jp

post-1025-0-18656400-1363313040_thumb.jp

post-1025-0-81392700-1363313098_thumb.jp

I've e-mailed Graeme and he basically moved into an retirement living facility and lost his ability to store the car, plus he wanted an automatic (the last part was in the previous advert). Car has been replaced with a 1998 S90 Volvo with low kms.

I bascially want to do the same things done to this car to my own 85 or 86 505 Turbo currently in storage, but this car was likely in much better shape to start, has way fewer kms, and all the work is already done... I totally see a "while I'm at it..." patern to the work done to the car, which is why I think the next owner should be quite happy.

Tempting indeed - so someone better buy it before I do something rash! (Pending repairs to the 89' and the surprise ownership the '98 V70 T5m are my biggest obstacles...)

Rabin

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

just to let you know that the car is going to New Brunswick.

Patrick purchased the car I believe Rabin knows him.

A lot of care and work went into the car but my time with Peugeot's is done, this last car was the sixth or seventh Peugeot I've owned over a twenty year period.

My mechanic Marc Palay of Marc's Import Auto is also focusing more on his diving business.

If you wish to delete the posting Rabin please do so.

Regards and happy motoring, per ardua ad astra

Graeme aka N9T

Thanks for the update Graeme - and glad it went to a good home.

Have fun with the S90 - sounds like a great car.

I'll leave the thread as is though, it's good future reference for others.

Rabin

I am the lucky man who purchased Graeme's beautiful 505 turbo. Online car buying when the car is 4000 km away is a bit stressful but Graeme was very accommodating, and the transaction went smoothly. Now the car is being shipped across the country and I am anxious for it to be delivered!

I'll keep you posted!

Patrick

Funny thing is that the car should be going by Regina SK on it's way out to NB...

And yes - If I knew when it was going through I'd make an attempt to get a pic of it... :D

Rabin

Funny thing is that the car should be going by Regina SK on it's way out to NB...

And yes - If I knew when it was going through I'd make an attempt to get a pic of it... :D

Rabin

Well it apparently left the Vancouver area today by rail, on it's way to Toronto. It'll then be shipped on another train to Moncton, NB, and then by truck to Bathurst, NB. Hoping to have the car home by April 18-20!!!

• 4 weeks later...