First autocross with 87 STX

anj

Hi all

Recently bought a 87 STX that I am getting to stage zero and entered a autocross on 8/21 for the first time. You see the course run by a Lotus in 34 seconds. My best time was 44 seconds.

Was a great shake down for the car and learned alot and will tailor future mods. First upgrade is to install an LSD diff until I able to get a Torsen and the other is to make my ABS operational. I need to source sensor wires for the front ABS. Driver wise I need to get in as much seat time as possible and may try rallycross as well.

Pictures from the event. I ran in the third heat so the pictures on pages 5 and 6. Check out some of the other cars too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogburn/sets/72157627487650640/?page=5

post-981-0-50698000-1314674981_thumb.jpgpost-981-0-13286000-1314674997_thumb.jpg

Arun

Arun that's awesome!

I remember the one time I took my 505 on a fun run with some friends in the car, it was after a local autocross event for datsun 510's and old porsches here in town.

Of course, my car has a little looser suspension than yours - but damn was it fun.

BTW, this is a money shot.

6066942255_f58354a9b1_b.jpg

Arun,

ATE (Teves) MK II ABS in 505 V6s is incompactible with LSD differential. Thats why 505 V6s with LSD diff (like GLX) dont have factory ABS, while the ones with ABS (like STX) dont have LSD diff. So you cant have both. You have to forfeit one.

So thats your 505? Nice.

Ikenna.

Arun,

ATE (Teves) MK II ABS in 505 V6s is incompactible with LSD differential. Thats why 505 V6s with LSD diff (like GLX) dont have factory ABS, while the ones with ABS (like STX) dont have LSD diff. So you cant have both. You have to forfeit one.

So thats your 505? Nice.

Ikenna.

Nope - Peugeot thought it would affect the ABS for some reason - or that was the reason given, but many have upgraded it after the fact and it's fine. It actually makes no sense that a LSD diff would interfere with ABS function.

Rabin

Glad you enjoyed yourself! Its addictive, next thing you'll know we'll see you doing track days and itching to race wheel to wheel!

Ha! I was getting on him to take the car to VIR for a track day. US Autocross is silly short - up here our runs are 1:30 to 2:30 - sometimes longer. After doing a track day - THAT was some serious fun. Can't wait to take the 505 turbo out to one once it's got the wheel and brake upgrades.

Rabin