Where did everyone go?

Guest ouigpt

Someday just about no one will own a Pug in the US and this forum will die a natural death. I still like my Pugs and I know you guys like yours. Where did you all go? Somebody had to post something! To make it more official I would welcome certain "didly" easy to remove parts for my 504D and my '86 505TD.

ABS spares for my '88 505S would be nice if priced by a lover of Pugs. Ou etre vous?{so my French sucks}!

Gil

Norcal,

Go to school, so that someday you'll be rich. Therefore allowing you to be the Peugeot king of America. As for me I was a goof off. I did do something right though...I have a son who is a CPA, and a daughter with 7 years of college under her belt. 3 more years at Yale for a PHD in French. That means going to France with her French husband and driving cars like a Citroen avant or Citroen C5{they like the Pugs too}.

Gil, the goof off Dad

P.S. Some Peugeot parts fit in suitcases.

I never left. :)

The peugeots will never die in america

mark my words, they'll be back someday.

and I guess I'm the person who's on here the most.

Haven't been on lately though, due to school starting up again.

Need to impress colleges!

Thanks for the motiviation Gill, :)

Yeah, many guys on my Volvo forum always ask me why I'm so slow to do modifications, and I simply reply that I'm saving for college, and between doing Rowing and School, and now work, I just barely have time.

That is-saying its a Volvo.

I HAVE however managed to do works with the 505... :)

Thanks for the motiviation Gill, :)

Yeah, many guys on my Volvo forum always ask me why I'm so slow to do modifications, and I simply reply that I'm saving for college, and between doing Rowing and School, and now work, I just barely have time.

That is-saying its a Volvo.

I HAVE however managed to do works with the 505... :)

I'm still here, work beckons.

was down at the more generic 'pick 'n pull' parts yard today helping a friend w/ a mercedes 300d, found an '81 505 wagon, pulled the rear fog switch out of it, everything else had been picked clean already:(

I am here... But I come and go...

+ I don't own a Peugeot... maybe in the future... Gotta get somethings taken care of first though.

If I had money like Paris Hilton I would have had a fleet of Peugeot's and a personal mechanic to keep em tip top!

Hi Gil

Still here as well... Slow going on my 505 as well - but my 505's are going to live forever! Taking great pains to make sure anything done to them is repeatable with readily available parts...

Was also in the Rocky Mountains for the last week. Did some sweet mountain biking, and scrambled up Mt Grotto - which really just proved that I was in REALLY bad shape... Legs are in EXTREME pain after that 8 hr adventure!

Haven't been to this site much while on holidays - but do try to get to it daily...

It is a bit of the quiet side, but once I get some key components done on my car progress will really pick up.

Rabin

Ok, So some things have changed in the past month like owning so many cars. My beloved old 505 turbo diesel died and is resting peacefully in a friends yard. I have no intention of putting any funds into it so maybe my friend will.

The short term ownership of my 82 Citroen CX was just that. Resold it for a lot of dough.

We sold our Citroen Ami for a huge profit.

Ok, so that leaves the thought "now what"?

A possible purchase of ether a restored Peugeot 404 or another low mileage 505 turbo diesel.

Jeff

oh no!

jeff peugeot-less??!!

how could it be?!

make an offer on that black 404 sedan in my town.

I passed by it yesterday, and yelled 'Peugeot!' out the window, and the guy smiled.

My car has been parked at my grandparents' house for the last month, and will be till november.

For the past weeks, i've been putting miles on the 240.

Such a fun car...

correction:

the black sedan is a mint looking 403

there is however also; a 89 505 turbo sw8, 84 505 sti sedan fi, 85 505 sti fi, 83 505 sti fi (identical to mine), white 87 505 turbo 5spd, 86 505 turbo white 5spd, red 405 gl sedan, black 405 mi16, a beige 84 505 gl, the red 404 cabriolet, and that infamous 206 sw?

I just got my car back from the local French Car Guru. I dont know what he did but it passed emissions ( AirCare, yearly emissions test for all cars in Lower Mainland, BC) ... ! STOKED !!

Next up is fixing the speedo, adding inter cooler and replacing the back shocks when I get some time.

Glad to hear that!

Passing emmissions is always hard, especially living in the damned state of california.

Ask anyone, emissions in our state are NOT laxed.

My car did not pass for a while, and I had to drive around with a red tag stuck on my rear windshield.

Finally found a guy in some sketchy area, who fixed it, and it was passed.

Is the IC you plan on getting going to be Fan Mounted?

Go for it!

Glad to hear that!

Passing emmissions is always hard, especially living in the damned state of california.

Ask anyone, emissions in our state are NOT laxed.

My car did not pass for a while, and I had to drive around with a red tag stuck on my rear windshield.

Finally found a guy in some sketchy area, who fixed it, and it was passed.

Is the IC you plan on getting going to be Fan Mounted?

Go for it!

I picked up a stock IC from the 86-89 turbos and the associated piping. I may do a top mount with a small hood scoop :lol: or front mount it. Either way I'm waiting for my mechanic buddy to fabricate some mounts and get 'r done.