INTERESTING...

There's some cool stuff on that site for sure. I just wonder about quality, access, and shipping.

We did have a legitimate member from China post a while back - I wonder if they still follow the forum and post up some info.

Rabin

I work with a couple car savvy guys from China - I'll see if they can tell me anything about what would be the best way to go about ordering parts / checking the company out.

Shipping should be $$$, but maybe not as bad as one with think since so much of what we use is made there anyway!

Rabin.

if you go to alibaba.com, there are tons of chinese manufacturers making knockoff parts for peugeots (with very large minimum quantities), i am guessing that a lot of that stuff gets sold in the chinese domestic market as well as in the african countries where peugeots are common. don't know if gotson is one of those companies or not. i created an account on the gotson site, there are no prices and most items seem to be in lots of 8 so i imagine that you put in an order and someone contacts you to give you a price based on quantity, method of payment, etc.

the quality of this chinese stuff is, for the most part, very bad. ikenna has gotten a few NOS and used parts for me from his local merchants and in one of these batches of stuff, i asked him to get me a set of the morette knockoffs (parts are very cheap in nigeria, it's the shipping to the US that's expensive). ikenna told me that another forum member had already gotten a set and had been disappointed with the quality. however, the price was so low i decided to check it out anyway. i have to say, they're pretty flimsy..i have some ideas about what i want to do with them, but that is the subject of a future post. :)

anyhow, if anyone does order anything from these guys, a group buy is the way to go because of the minimum 8 quantities. one item i see that interests me is the headlight units with non-fluted lenses ("crystal"). i've been spending time on the hidplanet forums, and it's gotten me interested in doing a full HID retrofit on my car. older cars like ours with fluted lenses on the headlights are a particular challenge, and people have come up with a variety of ways of retrofitting these cars...having access to manufactured clear lenses would make this a lot easier...if anybody else is interested in doing this, maybe we can get a group going...

andré

Group buy would be interesting. The fog light grill, different 505 tail light designs for the sedan and wagon, and the "crystal" lights were all interesting to me as well. All depends on the cost of the gamble - as the chances of them being cheap crap parts is probably pretty high...

If it's cheap enough though - I'd gamble.

HID - I still find the colour of the light too harsh to find comfortable. I always find I squint when in cars with them - but I'd still like to try some 3000K (yellow side of spectrum close to Halogen) lights to see if it softens it up some. There's no denying how much light they throw.

Rabin

I am the other member that bought euro lights and Morette knock offs. They were very flimsy and not recommended. A better option is to buy used oem from Ikenna or wait for orginals, I have bought OEM parts from Spain recently and the high shipping is offset by the low prices.

I plan on experimenting on the lights as they are a great base for making my own version of Morette lights, the orginals lights were garbage but the cover is usable and i have purchased 7" cibie and 5.5 hella lights. Wish list is to get a hold of the H4/H1 euros with wipers.

Regardless of the quality of the items, Ikenna is a pleasure to deal with would trust him 110%.

Arun