1986 505 TURBO 5-speed

pushgo

Hello all, after months of painstakingly contemplation the time has come for me to sell my beloved 505 TURBO. In the last year I have replaced many parts: new alternator, Battery, front and rear brakes and rotors. clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. blower motor. radiator. Recently however, theres been a leak in the cooling hose that leads from the top hose to the turbo. I havent driven the car since this leak. The Body is in excellent condition: no rust or dents. the paint has some haze but the shine still has life. I have waxed it often to preserve the gloss as much as possible. It needs a new set of tires. the AC needs recharging. As a common thing the sunroof is none working. I do have some extra parts in the truck: the original radiator could be recored. ECU for the cruise conrol. ECU for the climate control. extra outside mirrors. I had hordid some extra parts when I saw them and kept them. so who buys the car will also get these few replacement parts. I need to get rid of this car soon and am really hoping to find a good home for it. Im including the link for photos. Please feel free to contact me with any questions email is [email protected] 900.00 OBO

thanks!

My link

Edited by Bean
Edited "intercooler" to turbo for clarity

While it's sad that you're leaving the fold, I hope it isn't because of the leak in the hose.

That hose is entirely replaceable for a DIY owner. No special tools or skills.

If it is just time to move on regardless, your city/town would help someone contemplating taking over where you left off.

Looks like a decent car there.

Luckily Phil has the 505 STX as well so he should still be in the Peugeot fold, but still a sad to see the Turbo get the short straw. Arun also much prefers his STX to the Turbo and I have to admit they're fantastic drivers. My only retort is that with less effort the power potential of the 505 turbo should be greater.

That said - I think Phil should fix the issues and ask way more $$$! Man - what a great deal for someone. I know for a fact that it'll easily cost me more than that just to get either of my parked 505's (85 and 86) into DD status - and neither look as good or are rust free.

Rabin

it's a shame to see you part with your turbo, phil, i know you've lavished a lot of love on that car over the years! i'd consider buying it myself, but then id have to live in it because my wife would kick me out...biggrin.gif

for anyone interested, phil is in southern california...

andré

i'd consider buying it myself, but then id have to live in it because my wife would kick me out...biggrin.gif

andré

This is the crux of a lot of us combined with distance...

From memory the car was repainted with a colour close to the factory blue (Delft blue?). Looks very sharp in the pics - I'm sure even more so in person. I posted this to the FB page as well so Randy better be contacting Phil.

Rabin

Hi all...my car is located in Bakersfield ca. Although I'm parting with my beloved turbo, Im not leaving the peugeot fold, I have an '88 STX thats a joy to drive and for me at this point need a car that a bit easier to have as my daily driver as I'm choosing to go back to school and will be driving to UCLA 2 times a weeks and any one who has driven in la traffic knows that a stick can be a bit of a bear to contend with. Y'all can't get rid of me that easily ;):P PLUS I have had 4 speeding tickets in this car....

yes, Rabin, the car was repainted about 10 years ago. As close to the original delft blue. And Yes Andre its a shame that I need to part with it....but I'm absolutely certain that she WILL go to a good home...just maintence is something that I cant afford with going back to school and such...sometimes you need to make some sacrifices.... :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...