seen at the mall this evening

i was surprised at how small it is! i knew that a 2-series peugeot is a small car, but the car looks bigger in pictures...i'm guessing it's because of the way the car is styled, it looks really pretty in person...much nicer than most small cars we get here. if PSA helps GM with its small cars in the future, that can only be a good thing.

the interior was pretty nice also, tried to get a good picture of it but failed (didn't have a real camera with me)...here's a pic i found online, same interior colors as the car i saw:

2007Peugeot207CCinterior.jpg

i saw on an episode of top gear that these small hardtop convertibles are very popular in the UK, i can see why. if fuel prices stay high in the US, maybe these will catch on here.

the mexican plates on the car were from the state of durango, which is a pretty fair distance away from los angeles. LA is 2.5 - 3 hours from the mexican border, and i'm guessing that durango is another 6-8 hours drive from there, at least. my wife spotted the car first, she's still giving me grief about that ("if i hadn't pointed it out to you, you would have missed it!") biggrin.gif

andré

Pictures are always misleading when there's nothing in the picture to give some scale. It does look tiny in your pics - so nice to hear your perspective.

Pictures can also sometimes miss conveying the true shape or look of the car. There's been a couple cars I've seen in person where pics just don't do them justice.

VERY funny to hear your wife saw it before you too! I would advise to take the tact that she's slowly being converted to a Peugeot aficionado via osmosis do to the proximity to you. :D

Rabin

Not my cup of tea, but still I bet it's awesome to see a real modern Peugeot mingling amongst the same-old-sheetmetal we see day to day here in the US. I'm not a fan of the bubbly styling, but it sure is distinctive. Even when I was down in Argentina a couple years ago, the modern Peugeots really stood out to me.

• 2 weeks later...