The other 86' 505 Turbo S 5 speed

nick@nite

Couldn't resist, had to recuse another 59K 505 Turbo, that's a one owner car that is not all rusted from a severe weather climate with salt cancer. Also the price was a lot better then the 59K ebay special that was from Cali, that one that had everything wrong with it for and paid $4K for....

This engine is one very quiet, tight, engine...

My father troubleshot everything for 3 days on the start up issue. Found out it's the blue fuel pump relay was the colporate. Also the prepump wasn't working at all. Found out it was original, used a 405 one.

The rebuilt water pump has a bearing noise when you shut down the engine. You look at the pulley and it's a not @ the correct point on the shaft...

V/C gasket needs replacing, I have 2 new here...

Installed a good used fog that was missing.

New washer pump installed.

Fresh alignment, front Uniroyal's are cupped (now moved to the back) and the other 2 tyres were not even balanced...

Clutch is weak, will need replacing soon. Will use my old stock one from my 86'GL, I thought it needed a clutch due to it was high when we rebuilt the tranny, It was like new...

Sunroof + seal needs some attention...

Brakes are all good and they're is no shimmy or shake with plenty of meat on the pads. Drives like a dream that I rebalanced the rims and tyres and it is aligned now....

This car's body is not rusty and is very straight, only a couple of door dings.

My father is getting the thing painted, haven't decided on color yet, I say Red... It's what it deserves, the hood and roof are flat black :)

Oh yeah the A/C works too :) :)

Crappy OE speakers have been replaced in the rear that I can see with 6.5in Pioneer along with an older head unit. Also came with the OE radio in the trunk along with some front+rear brake pads too! :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Car is back from paint, it's pretty decent for $1500. It has a lot of wet sanding and buffing to get out the dirt and fish eyes to really give it a nice sharp shine it deserves. Will post up some pic's soon. It's very slow in the shop so it went straight on a lift to have the clutch swapped out. Putting in a 389 non torsen rear with new diff seals, new throw out bearing and pilot bearing. Also found the 411 rear for the race car :)

Next is addressing the sunroof....

• 1 month later...

my internal reaction to your "505 fleet" pic was "Man, what a jerk. I hate this guy." lol

In front of our shop in VT