some cars i saw at ukit's today

andrethx

this 505 belongs to one of ukit's mechanics, it's got some interesting mods.

IMG_7326.jpg

here's a tighter shot of the side -- those are side skirts from an e36 bmw ("lux," not m3, i'm told). ukit says he's done a few of these, the bmw skirts are just as easy to attach as the peugeot ones (he tells me).

IMG_7330.jpg

front view -- notice custom grill, euro antenna & '89 bumper cover. but -- see the mirrors? it's a series 1 model.

IMG_7331.jpg

back view -- '89 look everywhere.

IMG_7327.jpg

clean red 505 sti.

IMG_7334.jpg

same car, from the back:

IMG_7333.jpg

405 dl on the lift. notice the accent kit.

IMG_7332.jpg

sweet 604td. the more i see these, the more i like them. would like to get one of these one day.

fb713c35.jpg

a couple of tight shots of a foglight mod to an otherwise-unremarkable 505 with an '89 body kit:

c486bd02.jpg

4cf1cbe7.jpg

andré

If you remember - see if you can find out what's up with the jacked up 505's. Both the grey and red ones are both quite high at the back - so either springs or air shocks I'd guess.

Nice cars, though I'm not quite sold on the E36 side skirts. The rubber trim between the 89' bumber covers and the rear quarter panels I need bad... The gap without them looks terrible on my car.

Rabin

i'll ask about the rear lifts next time i go out there. i had intended to ask about it today, but their shop was busy and i didn't get the chance.

as for the e36 skirts, if one had never seen the original skirts, these would probably be fine to most people. if one is familiar with the original appearance (as we are), the e36 skirts seem a bit....off. ukit said as much to me, apparently the skirts are the most fragile part of the '89 body kit and are thus more rare than the bumper covers. he said that the fit on the bmw skirts is almost perfect, and they require no modification. so really, more of a "better than nothin'" approach than an actual stylistic statement.

here are a couple of additional shots of the interior of the gray car:

aftermarket sill panels

IMG_7336.jpg

interior with series 2 seats, aftermarket steering wheel & shift knob and stainless-look instrument panel (plus cupholder!). i took this picture to show the original color (metal gray) which is visible to the naked eye in the door jamb -- though not in this picture, i'm not the best photographer. the car has been repainted a non-peugeot, lighter gray color.

IMG_7335.jpg

andré

Though some of that work on the grey car is not my cup of tea, that's some cool stuff!

Haha, funny how I barely noticed that the grey car was either an 84 or 85, he's done so much to the exterior.

I wish I could stop by there soon, but unfortunately with the things that have come up, I'll have to wait.

Did you notice the E30 in front of the bright red sky jacked 505? It has ALPINA (holy grail) wheels.

Great Pics Andre, take more take more! :D

Guest EUROTRASH

this 505 belongs to one of ukit's mechanics, it's got some interesting mods.

andré

Nice paint job on that gray 505, he painted EVERYTHING though.. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

some more cars from ukit's...forgot my regular camera, so these are from my phone...that's why the quality sucks more than usual (sorry!).

this is ukit's car, his personal ride:

0149ec69b.jpg

462e9943b.jpg

ec1e3963.jpg

3beeab2bb.jpg

d380f062.jpg

this car is absolutely beautiful, it looks better in person. lens-flarey pictures do not do it justice. :D

remember the silver 505 with the mods? this is not that car. one of ukit's mechanics owns the first car, this is his brother's v6 that he took to work today. oe skirts, series 2 interior in blue. the only thing on this car that you may not have seen before is the honda accord wing on the back, which i failed to frame into the shot. :( if you look at the first photo of ukit's 404, you can see a faraway view of the wing center-left.

de9eb03b.jpg

lastly, a little bavarian eye-candy for rob. this is that bmw from last time, the one with the alpina wheels.

81a7f002b.jpg

will shoot more next time i go.

andré

edit: i got the story on the red 505 with the jacked-up rear end. that car belongs to a salesguy who works out of his car. he has to carry samples around (i didn't ask), and apparently the samples are so heavy it caused the rear end to sag. at the owner's request, ukit replaced the stock 505 springs with 604 springs...so when the car is unloaded (as it was that day, being in for service), it sits funny.

Sweet... I think that rear spoiler may be the same one I used on my car. Very few cars have spoilers that are wide enough, and the Honda late 80's/ early 90's Prelude is one that's just about right. Early 90's Acura Integra sedan is what mine was off, and it was close width wise too. I couldn't find the Prelude one - so settled on the Integra one as I thought it might look cool as it extends back past the trunk lid which I do like.

I also don't mind the mono chromatic paint schemes either - inside the door handles and the mirrors are a nice touch. Moderns up the car quite a bit.

Ukit seems like a way cool guy to be rolling in a black plate 404 on correct Michelin's no less. :) I'd have no problem getting my car worked on there. (And that is a HUGE compliment.)

Rabin

glad you guys like the photos. one of the reasons i don't post too much on peugeot-l is that i like this format so much more, by incorporating pics into your narrative you can really communicate ideas better (pic = 1k words, etc.). plus i really like the sub-forum organization, rabin's recent changes are really helpful.

wrt to the honda rear wing, this is the donor car for those 505s on ukit's lot:

PhotoJun13110305AM.jpg

not a honda guy, so i don't know the exact year/vintage.

ukit is a really nice guy, if he's not too busy he'll pull up a cafe table & chairs and chat with you about cars. he loves talking about cars, peugeots in particular. i told him about my travails with fuel tanks, fuel sending units and in-tank pumps; he suggested that i change over to a later-style fuel tank if/when i can get a good deal on a used one. my tank has the fuel lines going out of the top, the later tanks have the fuel lines going out of the lower driver's side (this is the setup on aaron's parts car). ukit says the later arrangement works better.

he also told me a tale of woe regarding one of his customers. guy put a lot of money into fixing up his red 505T, "new everything." well over US$10k. gets hit, insurance company says damage is $1,200 so based on the low book value of his car, they consider it totaled and they'll only pay if they can scrap the car. now the guy is in a fight to establish the proper value for his car. sound familiar? :angry:

andré

That's a very similar spoiler used on the early integra's as well, but the Integra has the integrated LED, and it comes down past the trunk level at the ends just resting in the body line of the 505 rear quarter panel. Since the car's have a similar square trunk I thought it would look OK... Some angles it looks wicked good, sometimes not - but it's the best fit so far as most others are too narrow and would look even worse.

That's a real shame for Ukit's customer car, Ukit himself could provide a letter of value since he's a known Peugeot repair facility. Too bad he wasn't on the forum - he could use Fernando's experience to hopefully get a quicker resolution. What we all need to do though is get stated value insurance in place. I knew this, but since my car was still "in progress" I kept putting it off.

As for the site re-org - thanks for the compliments. I'm trying to make it as easy to use, and I want to ensure info isn't buried in "general" discussions, but at the same time not have too much separation that it's too complicated.

• 3 weeks later...

Spent a good hour at ukit's today. Cool guy, extremely knowledgable. I think he's gonna fix my car. Took pics of every Peugeot there with the Dslr. His mechs are pretty cool too, have some really custom cars of their own. I really just cannot belive HOW many parts and bits this guys got. Truly an a +

yeah, it's like i was telling jeff (peugeottogo) a while back, ukit's is like the lost island of the dinosaurs, where everybody rides around on dinosaurs, and all of the household appliances are made of dinosaurs like on the flintstones, excepts it's peugeots instead of dinosaurs.... :D

the exhaust place i'll be going to is in el monte not too far from ukit's. after i get my new exhaust system i am probably going to have ukit adjust my valves. it's something i want to eventually do for myself, but i need it done right so i can pass my smog...

rob, tried to send you pm but the board said you couldn't receive them. so i sent you a message via facebook instead...

andré

sweet 604td. the more i see these, the more i like them. would like to get one of these one day.

fb713c35.jpg

I love the colour and the american headlights. Is this car for sale and in good condition?

Maybe he is willing to ship it to me, when I ship my 604 TD to him? :)

Brownie, that 604 looked very nice in person yesterday.

Andre, did you happen to hear the custom exhaust on Xavier's brother's car? (the grey 84 built to 89 spec)

It's an Xn6 car with the 89 bodykit (yeah, an odd surprise), but when he took off, it just sounded so much healthier than mine.

I'd ask him what he's done, because I personally wish my Xn6 car sounded as nice as that...never know, when it leaves his shop back up to Norcal, it may sound like that too.. :D

looking forward to the update, rob, hope it's good news...

i got ukit's card the first time i went there, have no idea where it is now. so i don't have his email address handy, sent brownie the phone number only. i don't email ukit, i'm local so i just call him. not sure how often he checks his email anyway. if you have ukit's email address, though, rob, please pm it to brownie...otherwise brownie will have to get up in the middle of the night to call him... :)

andré

yes, rabin asked me to check on that -- pieces 6 & 7 in the illustration below -- the last time i went out there (or was it time before last?). he doesn't have any at the moment. rabin also asked me to check on piece 12, he doesn't have that either. he said he'd keep an eye out, though...

89bumpertrim.jpg

andré