1989 turbo 5sp

N9TE

Holy smokes... I remember this one from a while back. Just AFTER I bought August's 89' 5-sp.

I got a hell of a deal on August's car, but it'll be a lot more money than that car when done - and it looks like all the $$$ work has already been done on it.

Edit: I just sent an e-mail with a link to this thread and an invite to provide more detailed info on the car. Hopefully they respond. :D

Rabin

I have contacted the seller before! I was going to test drive it, but then my BMW presented itself to me with a fraction of the price, and saving for college is hard.

Car looks pretty much perfect: 1989, 505, turbo, 5-speed, silver, red leather interior.

The red leather interior itself is to drool over.

Buy it andre, and buy it immediately. The car is in a nice area (by stanford), so I doubt its ever seen poor ownership in its life.

Just got off the phone with Marek the owner. (650) 328-5800

Nice conversation with him.

This particular 505 was owned prior by Frank Cerrone.

Originally an automatic but converted to a 5spd. by Frank years ago.

I'll save the details for Marek to list here on the forums or express by phone to you!

Jeff

Hahaha, no shit!

Jim Cerrone was my dad's good friend back in the day, RIP.

Just in case you guy don't know, the Cerrone brothers own Cerrorne's European in redwood city. They've been around for ages, and are one of the only remaining factory Peugeot shops in California.

BTW, just spoke with my dad about this: he says he remembers their family had a red turbo sedan, this, a 405, 504, and a few 505s. They used to give Peugeot loaners until the late 90s.

I also called and spoke at length with Marek - great guy. Asking price is indeed $7K, and sounds well worth the price from what's been described.

He mentioned they had two cars and his wife chose the other car to keep. I was curious what the other car was that she chose over the Turbo... 1989 505 STX with 4-sp auto.

We chatted at length about cars in general, and after I described the mods I'm doing to my 89' he was tempted to keep it after all... :)

Rabin

Andre'? You wanted a 505?

If this is the real deal, then it is a instant ride to the top of 505 ownership.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/2057667804.html

3me3ob3pb5O45R45S2abcab7dad8ffb681d5f.jpg

(no relation to seller, just caught this on CL)

Thanks for the heads-up, and thanks to everyone for keeping me in mind.

I'm in the middle of nowhere, AZ on a business trip (seriously, I'm out in the desert here). Will look into this later in the week when I get back.

Andre

Guest marekporay

Hello,

We are the ones selling one of our two beloved Peugeot 505's.

Craig's List is no longer the place to just post your phone number but that's not true here!

Feel free to call or write us and ask for Marek.

The silver Peugeot 5 speed drives like a bullet and has only 5,000 miles on the rebuilt engine, new transmission, new shocks. Now you know why $7K is a bargain (if you've ever rebuilt a 20+ year old car yourself).

Ask for Marek,

650 328 5801

650 328 5800

[email protected]

Hi Marek, thanks for dropping by!

Yes, $7K is a bargain and hopefully that "relatively" expensive price will keep it in the hands of an adult that will treat it like the outstanding car it is.

Feel free to post as many pictures of that car as you wish here. Actually, it would be nice to see such an example. If you don't have a place to host them, just let us know. We'll find room somewhere!

• 3 weeks later...

Shows how long I've been away from this list......that is one nice Turbo. I was really missing my Turbo and saw this on Craigslist and asked for more info before I hopped here to see if anything was posted. Nice to see the fire burning!

Currently in the world of old Mercs (w108). Hopefully will find my way back into the fold!

It has been long, Rabin, but its not been that long since I checked in to see what you guys have been up to. I like your new Turbo by the way....I wonder how August is doing, he once gave me a control arm when I broke mine while I still lived in Socal....all I paid was shipping. Will always remember how grateful I was being a college student at the time. I remember corresponding with Trevor...good times.

• 7 months later...

As promised, pictures...

_front.jpg

_fl-qtr.jpg

_front-bumper.jpg

I have a set of brand new Euro lights ready to drop in.

_side.jpg

_rear.jpg

_torsen2.jpg

_interior1.jpg

_interior2.jpg

_engine1.jpg

_engine2.jpg

_dash.jpg

_console.jpg

I'll get to start fresh with a stereo.

_antenna.jpg

Looks like I need that Ford antenna grommet solution...

I haven't touched the car. It is as I drove it from Palo Alto. Car drove nice and strong. Cruising at 80 all day - not an issue. I have a rather significant "list" of things that I want to do to it to bring it to showroom and that'll take a bit of time. But, all good things...

Car needs a major detailing.