For Sale: 1989 Peugeot 505 Turbo Sedan - 5 speed

august

It's the nature of the beast... It's a French car, mechanics don't want to touch unless you know of a place that still does. That translates into the value. For us french car lovers the car is 5k, for anyone else... well...

Here in Texas it would be revolution motors. It's 217 miles away from where I live in Plano, TX

• 2 weeks later...

do you think it would be worth advertising this overseas? i'd imagine shipping would be pricey, but it's a 'no rust' 505.

Sorry m8,

I forgot to answer, It cost around 1500 euros to ship it to fex Finland. Could be possible.

V-M

Guest ouigpt

....damn, can't believe it isn't sold. It was a deal for the original eBay price ...must be a bunch of Pug's on the other coast

thanks VM.

second chance offer fell through, but I have another sale pending now..

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to keep it fairly quiet till the deal was done - and it is.

I'm the VERY proud owner of August's pride and joy. Just returned to Regina after driving it back here from Oregon. Took the scenic way home through the Rocky Mountains and managed to embarass an A3 Golf that tried to keep up... :)

HUGE thanks to August - he went out of his way for me to get this car and it was REALLY appreciated. I even had my pick through his spares so needless to say the car was loaded to the bump stops - seriously!

I'll post pics and the story later - but for now I need to unpack!

Rabin

I wanted to keep it fairly quiet till the deal was done - and it is.

I'm the VERY proud owner of August's pride and joy. Just returned to Regina after driving it back here from Oregon. Took the scenic way home through the Rocky Mountains and managed to embarass an A3 Golf that tried to keep up... :)

HUGE thanks to August - he went out of his way for me to get this car and it was REALLY appreciated. I even had my pick through his spares so needless to say the car was loaded to the bump stops - seriously!

I'll post pics and the story later - but for now I need to unpack!

Rabin

Congratuations my man! Very happy that the car went to a real dedicated enthusiast, and not some random benchracer from the bush (typical to see nice volvos go this way after being sold in the PNW region). make sure to keep it rust free! :)

I'd love to see you pics from the trip, very beautiful scenery out there. Please do make a thread.

happy to know you got back safe and all.

cheers

rob

Not as many pics at all like I wanted to do as most of the nice stuff was in the dead of the night. Rained all day today as well. But if I have to choose deserted mountain roads with euro lights at night, or nice scenery and traffic in the day - night driving wins every time! This car was amazing in the mountains - and it was overloaded. Now that it's empty and I'm on familiar roads - the car is just stupid good.

Trip was a blast - and I can't believe how tight and well put together this car is. August really spent a lot of time and effort getting it into the shape it's in - and you can tell. Everything from how tight the shifter is, to the brakes, suspension. It feels new.

Just need to sort out a few little issues, replace the leaky Torsen with a regular LSD (better for the snow), and get my MSD ignition set up on it.

Once it's passed SK tech - I'll then work on getting it appraised and valued properly just in case something happens to it.

And yes - although it will see snow - it will be VERY well protected from rust.

Rabin

Thanks guys!

I never thought I could swing it as the price should have been much higher on e-bay. With no takers at a GIFT price, I had to make it happen. Luckily my wife saw the value on not having to spend all the time and likely the same and more money on the 85 to get it into half as good a shape.

The car isn't a museum piece, and it's had body work so the value of keeping it PRISTINE as a collector car isn't there (thankfully) so this has opened the door for some tasteful modifications in order to keep it as a great DD.

Now to do up a trip post detailing the adventure.

Rabin

• 2 months later...