What else do you drive?

Yq397r

hmm, it's hard to give a favorite since they are such different cars. The 505 gives me way more problems, but i must say it gives me way more fun as well. Even today i didn't make it to the hardware store because the 505 shift linkage came off (rubber bushing broke on the long rod)... it's always something! I had to push it back on and drive home for fear of it getting messed up again and having to crawl under the car in an intersection...laf!

There's nothing like the turbocharged n9t motor to contrast with the mi16 motor. The 505 has way more low end torque and doesn't really like to rev too much with the stock setup. The mi16 has NO low end torque and loves to rev up to redline. The mi16 LOVES going through the twisties and has unrivaled road feel and response. The 505 likes going through the turns too... but doesn't feel quite as nimble as the 405. The 405 is always a more reliable and more 'together' car than the 505. To me, the 405 is an excellent daily driver, and it's definitely not boring. It has decent power up high, it's comfortable and quiet (just a nice modest mid-range growl from under the hood right from the factory), but it doesn't lose any character points like most other cars of its 'class'. The 505 is way more fun to drive when it comes to horsepower and the novelty of a turbocharged car. Simply being turbocharged makes it a much better project car for fairly obvious reasons. Sometimes I'd much rather step on the gas and hear the turbo spool up and throw me back in the seat than to just hear the engine struggling to get up into the 5000 rpm power band (mi16). Rear wheel drive is also quite fun.

I'd have to say my favorite car for the pure fun factor would be the 505 turbo, but the 405 has it beat badly in other, more practical categories ;-). They are both spectacular cars, especially for the price. My goal has always been to keep fixing up that 505 until it stops breaking on me, because at that point, it might earn some points on the 405 in those other categories!

Well your 505 sounds very different from mine, but similar in a few aspects. Unlike yours, mine is a turbo diesel with an automatic 3-speed so it is pretty tame, But it has the same great suspension and the older styed interior (super compfy). I've had some problems with my 505 in the past few years but never anything to major. At the same time, I've had alot of fun too. I think the worst it ever treated me is it died at the movie theatre one night and I had to come back to it the next day. Turned out to be the starter bendix going bad. The vaccum pump vent out on it too once, leaving me without power brakes. That was a fun weak (I was a seinor in high school at the time). But all in all, for me it has been a great car and as much as I tried to abuse it the car seemed to take it and keep on ticking. Right now, I'm saving up the 505 funds and am going to rebuild a seperate/spare XD2S cylinder head and turbo I have laying around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

What other cars/vehicles do you have and drive? If you have photos share 'em.

I have a 1982 SAAB 900 Turbo I use as my daily driver.

319350_76_full.jpg

And I also have a 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim Motorcycle as my fair weather weekend toy.

319350_82_full.jpg

319350_83_full.jpg

The Saab is a damn pretty car!

How does it compare to the Peugeot?

My other form of transportation is a bike.

You know: the Netherlands is a flat country so if we look out of the window at morning, we immediately know if any visitors will arrive during the rest of the day :(

• 4 weeks later...

Apart from my 505 GTI 2nd series I have a 604 SRDTurbo of 1982 which runs on vegetable oil. I use that one daily, because running on vegetable oil doesn't contribute to the global warming; I don't exhaust any CO2 and toxic gasses (netto).

• 1 year later...

The Ami-6 basically sit's on a 2CV chassis. The two cylinder boxer engine sounds like a an old VW bus, with the sound emitting from the opposite end !

My Ami-6 Break has almost 40,000 orginal miles. It was imported from Normandy in 2002, and has won several awards. Last count, 9 Ami-6 Break models in the USA

The only list member who has seen it in person is August.

Jeff

The 82 turbo diesel I had owned prior. I gave it to my father in law to drive as a second car. He then sold it to a co-work last January, who then just plainly gave it back to my father-in-law last month since he moved out of state and had no plans to take it with him. It now sits in my driveway again. The only thing not working is the speedometer due to a broken cable 2 months ago. A nice older 505 that has ice cold air conditioning and a working sunroof with everything else working. I have all service records from day one and the original purchase agreement.

The 86 XN6 was to be given to one of my daughter-in-laws in Fresno. She found another car to drive otherwise this wouldn't be in my driveway ether. Another car with all service records from day one and with a few letters from Peugeot with their notice of intent to pull out of the US market.

So nether are being used, I have others to drive

Jeff

The 82 turbo diesel I had owned prior. I gave it to my father in law to drive as a second car. He then sold it to a co-work last January, who then just plainly gave it back to my father-in-law last month since he moved out of state and had no plans to take it with him. It now sits in my driveway again. The only thing not working is the speedometer due to a broken cable 2 months ago. A nice older 505 that has ice cold air conditioning and a working sunroof with everything else working. I have all service records from day one and the original purchase agreement.

The 86 XN6 was to be given to one of my daughter-in-laws in Fresno. She found another car to drive otherwise this wouldn't be in my driveway ether. Another car with all service records from day one and with a few letters from Peugeot with their notice of intent to pull out of the US market.

So nether are being used, I have others to drive

Jeff

wow.

well, which car of your's has the eurolights, rear wing and s rims??

i saw it on peugeot-L

it looks stellar!!

more pics !!

wow.

well, which car of your's has the eurolights, rear wing and s rims??

i saw it on peugeot-L

it looks stellar!!

more pics !!

Rob, I had a grey 89 V6 with euro headlamps and a early turbo rear spolier that I sold in May 2006 with 24,000 original miles. A car buy the way that cruised at 110 mph all day with plenty of grunt for more. but I think you are referencing to the last photo posted of my 86 S light green color with the XN6 engine that has euro headlamps and early version turbo spoiler also.

If you want to see more photos of ether I can do that.

Jeff