Export from France

Anthony fr

Hello,

My name is Anthony, I'm 29 years old and I live in France Normandie.
I'm currently a vehicle importer, the cars I import are from the United states.
I'm teaching myself how to export European cars to Canada and the United-States.

Would you be interested in having a locator in France to search for the car that you want or to buy what you find on the internet?
I will do all the steps for you, inspection, report, purchase and dispatch. All cars will leave from Le Havre by container. I have a partner in this city who will organize shipping.

I've been a mechanic and a test driver in the PSA (peugeot/citroen) company at the test Factory at La Ferté Vidame so I know French cars and can inspect them for you correctly.

If you want to see used cars that you wish to find in France, go to Le bon coin, you'll find most ads, you can also go on La centrale.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me by private message.
Have a nice day.

Welcome to the forums Anthony...

I like your proposal and think there could be some genuine interest, but something you may consider is posting up example costs for your services.  Even if you wanted to post up interesting cars that you come across so that people here in Canada and the US can get an idea of the actual costs for getting a car from Europe. 

I've got friends that have done it - and by far the hardest thing was finding a reputable and trusted contact at the other end that could act as your agent. 

I'll be very curious to see what kind of prices cars go for in France, and what the shipping costs would be.  (Cars from Japan are usually $3-4K CDN to land a car in Canada for instance)

Rabin

Looking at the number of RHD 205 GTI in the US there is a need for a European locator.

That said for cars like the 205 GTI the French ones arn't the cheapest as whe see now cars from Italy, Spain or Germany imported back to France ; on the other hand a 205 GTI 1.9 122 hp with catalyst will be frowned upon in France so for the same price you will have a better looking car.

I have to agree with SRDT, there is a need for a dedicated france car locator in europe, that has the connections to get the best rates for shipping and be on time, in my country imports import used cars dally and cars are cheapest in slovenia, italy, germany and switzerland, those cars are not well maintained, so would avoid countries with cheap labor because there cars have bad repairs and can hide i hole lot of secrets, couple of years back i was looking at a 405T16 in a neighbouring country, the car was stunning to look at, all the panel lined up fine, drove little funny, had more flex in chassis, so i paid for a full inspection at a peugeot dealership and they check all the suspension engine gearbox, fluids and said excellent shape, i asked if a can have a look, and on the hoist all locked fine at first, when the car's tire was at woking high i notice a wheel spacer painted black behind the driver's side tire and no spacer on the other side, and the i notice all the body filler cracking underneath the undercoating and the homemade frame rails, so the used car business is very risky.

Yes be carefull with cars from switzerland or germany, in winter they put a lot of salt on the roads.

The swiss inspection is very strict but that mean they need to repair or hide any hint of rust and I let you guess what is the easiest.

If those are reasonable prices maybe we should be exporting North American spec cars to Europe!

Those prices are very high by North American standards - you could buy MINT cream puff cars for less here - although they are rare.

Rabin

This is the problem.  There are a handful of people who like Peugeots.  Like them enough to own one and put up with the associated hassles.

The truth is, most Peugeot owners are Peugeot owners because they couldn't afford a Citroen.

Peugeot suffers from the "Renault syndrome".  They will never be popular so they will never be worth much.  No one saves them.  It's been over two years since I've seen a Mi16 for sale.  I think I saw a mint 505 turbo on Bring a Trailer and it sold for like 5K.  

We have the European equivalent of the "Hupmobile".

I'd love to buy another mint Mi16, but I have one Peugeot and wife said that's enough.  If I get rid of my 505 turbo, I'm getting a DS or SM.  Don't get me wrong.  I really like Peugeots and really like my car.  But...

The only North American Peugeot that's worth the shipping back in France is the late 175hp 505 Turbo and maybe the Turbo Wagon, the others are less powerfull than the European counterpart and have the ugly US bumpers and headlights.

If you look often on Leboncoin you will see that a car with the right price doesn't stay for long ; others on the other hand will stay for month before the seller guive up, or find somebody dumb enough to pay full price.