1989 4N9TE piston rings

KB_fiver89

I need some help here. I bought these rings from Madhu but they look different from mine. Cant seem to get a hold of him so was wondering if you guys could tell me if they would work based off that part number??? Thanks. Ps.... I also have a stack of manuals that might come in handy for someone.......

rings.jpg

manuals.jpg

505 engine.jpg

That just looks like the oil control ring - is there a set of rings that go with?

I've never seen rings sold individual like that. 

Did you fix the 89' or do you have another plan?  Was going to tease you about the Audi beside - some might argue you're a glutton for punishment with both those cars in your garage. :)

Rabin

Well you have only two options buy a full set of rings and replace them all, thats the right way, or found a parts engine and change just the one you broke, the wrong way, don't forget to gap them in the bores.

You guys are hilarious!!! Ok I don't know if you know Madhu on here but he's easily the number one vendor if not number two. He sold me a whole set and just told me that they're aftermarket and should fit. My buddy owns the shop and Audi owners pay really well. To be honest we'd have finished this build and his 72 Mercedes 6 months ago but there's always an Audi A6 or A8 needing timing lol. I'm about to post a peugeot that's for sale down the street.  I agree that replacing one set of rings would be ignant as hell lol