Custom in Finland

Guest CATALIN505

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, that's our fellow hobbyist Tama's car. :D Goes quite ok, I was on the passengers seat last weekend. Megasquirt, t03/04 turbo and some custom made stuff. Maybe he'll tell you more himself... :)

Wow... What a monster FMIC!

It's a gorgeous car... I'm dying to here some performance stats.

Rabin

Yep, that's my car :D It's getting ready to get repainted. Bumpers and skirts are gonna be different.

About the engine:

Dans cam,

Garrett T03/4, comp 50mm, exh. 50mm, A/r .63

Big cooler.

3" donwpipe

465ml/min injectors

Megasquirt

Lightened Flywheel

Eaton clutch

and something little stuff..

Now I'm running 1 bar boost, but tomorrow or tonight I'll get chance to run some setups and raise the boost up to 1,2bar. Then I'm hoping that the power would be close to 300hp. When i have done all the setups, i'll goto dyno. I'll put the results to net so you can look them.

Tomorrow is trackday were I'm going to, but I'm not yet sure that am I gonna drive my 505 there. One of my allow wheel is bent.

Great looking car! Haven't seen a 505 with "eyelids" before. Do they effect headlamps at night at all? GTR style grill looks great, and wheels. Side skirts look good too but a little boxy. Bonnet vent! Nice.

I havent seen any negative affect of those eylids. But nowadays I have xenon lamps..

• 2 weeks later...

are those eyelids custom or are they readily available

before your wheel got bent were you using the adapters on the track?

Yes, I used them on track two weeks ago. First I drove with 15" original allowwheels and when the rear tires were worn out I put those 17" with adapters. Last summer I drove aprox. 5000km in street with those adapters without problems.

And those eyelids I've made myself.

Here's some pictures from year 2004.

http://www.kanetti.fi/~tama/nposo/nposo.html

Now my car is getting ready to get repainted with new skirts and bumpers and some other mods. The color will be candy black which goes to gold when light hits it.

3" donwpipe

465ml/min injectors

Megasquirt

Lightened Flywheel

Eaton clutch

hey Tama, a few questions about your megasquirt setup if you dont mind:

- what version are you running?

- did you do all the tuning yourself?

- would you be willing to upload the settings your using so others would have a starting point?

- how is the overall driveability? same or better then stock?

- are you using a wideband o2, or knock sensor?

- any increase in power? <_<

thanks for your time!

• 2 weeks later...

hey Tama, a few questions about your megasquirt setup if you dont mind:

- what version are you running?

- did you do all the tuning yourself?

- would you be willing to upload the settings your using so others would have a starting point?

- how is the overall driveability? same or better then stock?

- are you using a wideband o2, or knock sensor?

- any increase in power? :)

thanks for your time!

I am running with extra code 026q or something. I have to update it to the newest when I have time.

I got ignition and fuelmaps and lots of help from Kari who has also squirted his 505. So lots of thanks to him.

And of course, I could give my setups if somebody wants them. They arent ready yet like V-M said. Still needs lots of adjusting.

Today I'll get my wideband O2 so i can tune the perfectly. And I am hoping to raise the boost up to 1,2bar if everything goes like planned.

Driveability is good, but like I said. Some adjustments have to be done.

• 8 months later...

Now the new bodywork is ready.. The project took a while, because I had to change the whole body. So in fact this is another car. The body is -84. Here's few pictures. The car is bit dirty and my 17" wheels aren't installed.

post-101-1178278328.jpg

post-101-1178278395.jpg

post-101-1178278512.jpg

post-101-1178278917.jpg

Guest adegnes

Now the new bodywork is ready.. The project took a while, because I had to chase the whole body. So in fact this is another car. The body is -84. Here's few pictures. The car is bit dirty and my 17" wheels aren't installed.

nice!

what car is that front and back spoiler from?

Holy cow batman - metalflake!

Looks good Tama. But seeing the goodies under hood I'm curious to hear how well (read how fast... :) it runs.

Also curious to see the 17's - so you definitely need to post more pics!

Rabin

Now the new bodywork is ready.. The project took a while, because I had to chase the whole body. So in fact this is another car. The body is -84. Here's few pictures. The car is bit dirty and my 17" wheels aren't installed.

Tama, i just want to let you know your car does not look good.

IT IS AWESOME!!! :):):);)

BEAUTIFUL BODYKIT!!!!!

which car are the front and rear bumpers from, the front looks like a bmw and so does the rear a bit

Yes, they are both from Bmw e34. I had to widen them almos 15cm. And the top of the rear bumper is homemade from fiberglass.

Last autumn I blew the head gasket and now I have a better one. So I'm hoping to get 300hp with 1.3 bar boost. I'm waiting the summer and then I'll start driving and tuning the setups.

I don't have tires yet to my 17" so they aren't installed yet. I'll put more pictures when I take the car out of garage. And I hope that I had time to put some project pictures to internet. Maybe I'll make some kind of homepage one day... :lol:

• 5 months later...

So the summer didn't went as planned.. The upper piston rings broke down in every cylinder and the second one from 4th...

Now I've been rebuilding the motor with new pistons from Volvo B21ET and with piston rods from Saab. Hopefully next summer the engine will last better..

Here's some pictures

post-101-1193728761.jpg

post-101-1193728794.jpg

post-101-1193728907.jpg

post-101-1193728931.jpg

post-101-1193728977.jpg

Tama - the car looks fantastic! Good luck on the engine rebuild.

You'll have to post details on the pistons and rods, as well as details for the wheels please... ;) I've looked at using Ford 2.3 turbo pistons in my rebuild, and have a set to use, but it'd be nice to document other ways guys are rebuilding engines too - for future reference.

Car also has a great stance so I'm curious what you did for suspension, and what wheel and tire size you are using...

Rabin