Any 406 owner?

Ikenna

the maximum size allowed by this forum software is pretty big, i believe we currently have it set at around 7mb per file. but the php settings of our hosting service also come into play -- which is why it's hard to quote an absolute number to you.

fwiw, the largest attachments on this forum (some photos and pdfs) are around 4.5 mb, i have sometimes run into trouble with 4 mb attachments so if your pics are larger than that, you should edit them to make them smaller or post them to an external hosting service like photobucket or picassa. i use photobucket myself for my photos posted on this forum, it's free and very easy to use -- plus, it makes it very easy to use the photos in other locations as well (other forums, facebook, etc.). people reading the posts get to see the photos at (closer to) real size, and you can get host-based features like slideshows...

of course, the downside to the photos being hosted somewhere else is that it increases the chances that the photos will not be viewable on this forum years from now when the photo hosting service or the account is not around anymore....

andré