Peugeot 405 MI16 For Sale

CherieTW

Feel free to post here with pics and such, and then you can send a link to this post to the Peugeot-l yahoo group as well.

There's also a Peugeot Facebook page one of us can post a link to this advert as well.

Hopefully you have some pictures online, or that you can attach, as well as posting as many details as you can.

Good luck!

Rabin

• 1 month later...

Yes, that is a hula girl on the dash! Well no luck on Ebay. Listed on Craigslist now, Eastern, Ct. Is there anyone out there that still wants a Peugeot in the US? They seem forgotten, unless someone wants a bicycle or peppermill. We don't want to send the MI16 to the junkyard for scrap metal! We want to see someone bring her back. Anyone Anyone??? Please reply to the craigslist ad, if interested (photos in ad, more photos available upon request).

Hi CherieTW,

It's unfortunate, but any car needing the work your car does won't command much value unless their residual value is quite high once in good shape. In order to fix your car into good shape, you'd be into it for far more than it was worth with current asking price. One could argue that even if you gave it away, it might still be hard to fix it up and still not be into it for more than it could be sold for. Anyone knowing these cars knows this.

As it sits - it appears to be a good parts car, and since it's not running you're limitied to local buyers, or buyers that are close enough to make it worth while to pick up with truck or trailer - so fairly limited.

Price will have to be adjusted to reflect these facts as $1K will buy you a decent running 405 Mi-16 as seen in other recent for sale posts of pretty much the exact same car.

I do bid you good luck of course, but be aware of expectations. I would hope that you would offer it for the same scrap / junk yard value to an enthusiast to see if they can fix it up, or at least as a parts car to keep other 405's in good nick - but even that might be hard due to the location.

Rabin

I left the same message on the yahoo peugeot group, but I wonder if anyone on West Coast (from Seattle to San Diego...N9TE, do you still have one?) have working 405 Mi16 for sale? Our car (99 Golf) was recently hit by someone and the insurance refused to repair since the damage was too big, so I would have to give it up ( ;...-(...we like the golf so much...)). I used to own two 405 Mi16s back in Michigan but had to give up both when we moved to Bay Area, so if there is good and affordable Mi16, then we might consider getting it.. We cannot afford much and I am thinking about $2000 +/- (as far as it runs fine, I do not care much about the body and paint). Otherwise, we would live on Zipcar until we find an affordable one. We can come pick the car up as far as we can drive it back to Bay Area (if the car's condition is good enough to drive to the Bay Area)....Let me know!! Thanks a lot!!

I'll let you know. But, after I bought it I started buying a ton of parts to get it roadworthy. $1000 later and I pick up the car next week. I'll probably have close to $3500 into it by then. It'll stilll be a 15 yard line car.

Anytime you get a good car for under 5K is cheap.

Update....Hubby started to work on the pug. Put in new fuel line. There's power to the battery, and electric is working. He's thinking that it's the starter causing her not to start. She ran like a champ when parked. However, at that time it was the fuel line giving trouble and a rusty muffler pipe. Then hubby got a new truck, and the poor girl sat aside. Everything that he's read, it appears that taking off the exhaust manifold is the best way to access the starter. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. He's expecting an offer under asking price, but he's not letting her go for a couple bucks. The car is just way too cool. She's going to go into our fairly new built garage and then he's going to start putting her back together again. I can feel it. I'm sure that a lot of guys out there can understand. Not sure about the west coast of the US, but there's hardly any MI16's east. She received much attention when driven. Now, if restored, she'll be such a head turner over this way. This car is a complete car, worth restoring, not to part out. Hubby just loves quirky cars that leave the US. Had original Fiats, Opals, Peugeots, and now, yes, he drives a Saab sportcombi.

Good to hear Cherie! You guys are MUCH better off to sort out into a runner at least before selling it, and hopefully you guys just decide to keep it. :)

Cool cars btw - life it too short to drive cars you don't really enjoy.

Rabin