2nd Annual West Coast Peugeot Meet

Don't know if it's a little too early to be making plans, but the summer will be upon us in a few months so why not. :D

Thanks to Marc, who thought it all up last year, and everyone who came out to be a part of it, our 1st annual meet was a sucess.

A few weeks ago, Jeff and I were chatting over the phone and threw around the idea of having another meet sometime this summer, and possibly having a nice drive from San Francisco, all the way down the beautiful Californian coast, taking the Pacfic coast highway.

This route is breathtaking. I take it almost every time I move my junk back and fourth from my family's house in the SF Bay Area to my place in Socal. Here are some photos I snapped last time I did the drive (however in my wretched German car) to give you guys an idea of what it's like. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjA81ZyN

Also by doing a meet in SF, then a coastal drive, we could ideally have a meet in the Bay Area (for all the NorCal peeps who'd have to stay up north), and then rendezvous somewhere in Central and Southern California as well.

Again, while this might seem stupid early to be making any plans, thought it'd be cool to brainstorm the topic a little bit. Last year was sick, and the turnout was pretty awesome for a brand of cars that is now [almost] totally absent from the States.

Cheers!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norcal505/7990638125/'>7990638125_b1e31b4e53_z.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/norcal505/7990638125/'>Bay Area 505's by http://www.flickr.com/people/norcal505/'>sina.pour, on Flickr

there's a guy from sacramento on peugeot-l who mentioned getting a meetup going with some of the list members from sacramento...today i posted a reply mentioning our last event (and this thread), and broached the possibility of joining forces for one big event...

by the way -- on my last trip to monterey, i met with jeff (peugeottogo) and he showed me his album of peugeot advertisements (very impressive!). one of the accessory brochures had the running lion shirt from the late 70s/early 80s...i've always like that design. i downloaded some images from the internet and i've been working on them but my time and photoshop skills are somewhat limited.... :( my thinking is that it would be cool to make tshirts for our next meet up, we could use that design on it...would love to get feedback/input/help from others on this idea...

il_fullxfull186862443_zpsadbcb7f7.jpg

andré

• 4 weeks later...
Im in for this. I talked to Dave about having a meet few weeks ago and let's make this happened.

Yes!

Why do I live so far east?????

Time to make a move to the best coast ;)

there's a guy from sacramento on peugeot-l who mentioned getting a meetup going with some of the list members from sacramento...today i posted a reply mentioning our last event (and this thread), and broached the possibility of joining forces for one big event...

by the way -- on my last trip to monterey, i met with jeff (peugeottogo) and he showed me his album of peugeot advertisements (very impressive!). one of the accessory brochures had the running lion shirt from the late 70s/early 80s...i've always like that design. i downloaded some images from the internet and i've been working on them but my time and photoshop skills are somewhat limited.... :( my thinking is that it would be cool to make tshirts for our next meet up, we could use that design on it...would love to get feedback/input/help from others on this idea...

il_fullxfull186862443_zpsadbcb7f7.jpg

andré

That would be awesome. When made, count me in for two Larges. :D

Also, I think a FB event should be made as soon as we agree on a tentative date. Maybe setup a poll on the group? :)

I would certainly have to be there also. I can't belive I'm 30 minutes from San Francisco and missed it last year.

Yes! Definitely.

• 1 month later...