Left & Right outside mirrors needed '86 505

I'm in need of left and right outside mirrors for my 1986 505 Turbo. They bolt onto the window frame, electric of course.

My experiment with small aero mirrors for the track was horrible! Could not see a damn thing out of the right side and barely anything on the left. Need to switch back so I can see all the cars I pass! :lol:

Prefer to trade. What might you need?

Bryan

bryancohnracing "at" yahoo.com

I'm in need of left and right outside mirrors for my 1986 505 Turbo. They bolt onto the window frame, electric of course.

My experiment with small aero mirrors for the track was horrible! Could not see a damn thing out of the right side and barely anything on the left. Need to switch back so I can see all the cars I pass! :lol:

Prefer to trade. What might you need?

Bryan

bryancohnracing "at" yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hey bryan did u ever figure out anything to make up for the rotted rubber acordian piece on the side view mirrors? Could u maybe post instructions and pics?

Take care buddy long time no talk to : ]

-Horhay

As soon as I receive the mirror from Arun the mirror booty project will begin! I've got an idea but no clue if it will work. Photos and details will be posted for sure as its a common problem in need of a solution.

Good to hear from you Horhay, hope you are well!

I think the stock rubber "gator" is a big source of wind noise, so if you find a solution that works well and is quieter / more aerodynamic I'd likely do the same mod to my mirrors.

Ideally I'd like to fit mirrors that would be more aerodynamic - but finding some that suit the body style has been tough.

Rabin

I'm thinking of a smooth boot of some kind, just not sure what exactly. My experiment with the tiny aero mirrors was a joke but I'd still love to have a pair of Vitalonia Sebring mirrors or something like that in their place.

Wonder if an E36 M3 mirror would look good? See photo.

post-279-0-70818500-1340806595_thumb.jpg

benz 190e mirrors have a nice angular 80s period look to em...

also i'll be posting like mad since i finally found a way to post w/o getting the red screen saying DANGEROUS WEBSITE (just use quick reply instead of clicking the "reply" button...ha!)

I just bought two mirrors from spain for 35.00 each+ shipping, they are aftermarket for Peugeot from a company called CIPA. Unsure of the quality but Westerm Hemispheres sells the same for 200.00+ each. They have one still one set available if anyone is interested.

Arun