New V6 Badge

Fog Lights and Plastic Surrounds

For the '91 SW8 Turbo

Radiator

Prayers

For the '91 405S

Blue Leather Front Seats

I live in Southern New Hampshire and "can travel."

Wow, your's is the only other red leather series 2 505 interior that I've heard of. My 89 turbo has one and the leather is roached. I make no illusion that I'll have to have it done up from scratch. But it'll be worth it.

Wow, your's is the only other red leather series 2 505 interior that I've heard of. My 89 turbo has one and the leather is roached. I make no illusion that I'll have to have it done up from scratch. But it'll be worth it.

No, negative, mine is the cloth version, like Mrs. Nixon's coat. I saw that turbo with the leather interior and I'm still drooling.

And you are right. I was chatting with Brian Holm about it, and he said he's never seen one, and, believe me, he has a yard full.

Hi Bill,

Is the sunroof you're after the actual sliding assembly - or just the cable? I may be able to help with the cable, but shipping for the sunroof assembly I have would be stupid pricey.

Might be able to swing a combo trip though as I'll likely have to make a run into the States to pick up stuff when my bro sends me some stuff - but that likely won't be till spring.

Rabin

• 5 weeks later...

They had the Peugeot standing lion, but too many of the other car makers complained that it was too cool and made their emblems look lame so they removed it. Pretty sure that's what happened anyway.

Either that or they don't know what a Peugeot is at all.

:)

Rabin

Hi, Everybody,

I've crossed off a few

For the '89 505S V6

Front Brake Rotors

Red Leather Interior

New V6 Badge

For the '91 SW8 Turbo

Prayers

For the '91 405S

Blue Leather Front Seats

Thanks for the link to the hoses.

I do have the roof antenna and the rear spoiler, mirabile dictu, that eliminates excuses for not completing the paint job.

Not to hijack, but Rabin is so right - the Peugeot lion is far and away the best car logo of a mass produced car. The only one in the same league is Ferrari.

Yah, when I drove up to the Dunkin' Donuts takeout window in my red Mi16, the young man (high school senior at best) asked me if it was a Ferrari.

• 1 month later...

I have a few new parts. Still looking for:

For the '89 505S V6

Front Brake Rotors

Red Leather Interior

New V6 Badge

For the '91 SW8 Turbo

Prayers

For the '91 405S

Blue Leather Front Seats

I live in Southern New Hampshire and "can travel."

The paint and exterior restoration on my 505S V6 are nearly complete.

Mechanical monkeying around is ongoing.

I am hoping for pix this upcoming weekend.

I really would like "a" fog at least more and the plastic surrounds which snap into the spoiler.

Thanks to all for their support and commiseration.

Bill

• 4 months later...

OK, gang, I am really not that desperate except for the following:

Red velour interior components

V6 front brake rotors or more info about the much-touted swap from the Porsche.

Fog light surrounds.

Incidentally, one of the most difficult parts to find, the lower radiator hose, became very easy to replace once we converted the electro-magnetic clutch fan to an electric. The only concern was clearing that belt, but we have a Made In USA part there now.

Thank you.

Bill

Another brake disk option I've been looking at with Arun is having the stock rotors machined into rotor hats and then bolting replaceable disks from Wilwood or Coleman racing (or any other aftermarket 2pc brake disks) to them.

One time costs with no hub machining changes, and disks would be readily available and much better. Only problem so far is finding ones that would suit - closest I've found is .81" which is 20.5mm. Pretty sure new ones were 22mm - but I'll have to see what the minimum thickness they are. Another option are fully custom disks: http://www.colemanracing.com/Brake-Rotor-900-1100-Directional-Vane-P3549.aspx

I've got a set of rotors off the car and I know a good machinist that does side work for $50/hr. I can take him the set to see how much he wants to machine them into hats. (I'd guess 4 hours minimum if he's willing to do it). If I got the cores back then I could offer this as a service to others.

If my project goes through my car will have E46 M3 brakes with 4 pot Porsche Brembo's on it - so I've no need for the disks myself. Happy to do some leg work for other ABS 505 owners though.

Rabin

Cheapest way to get into new rotors will be to have Porsche 944 rotors machined into the same pattern as the 505 turbo disks and bolt them on. They've lasted this long so it's not something that needs to get done often. The caliper adjustment shouldn't be too bad and is likely just some washers to offset the caliper a little bit.

The "best" way to do it would be to do the 2pc rotors with replaceable rotor disks. I'd guess you'd be looking at $500-600 for the 2pc rotors as a one time upgrade, that you can then benefit with a much better rotor that better cooling and lighter weight. Biggest benefit is that they're readily avalable and you can use more aggressive brake pads (IE increased rotor wear) for a really nice brake upgrade.

If I find a cheap set of 944 rotors I might just investigate this a bit further since I have another newer suspension set up I could retrofit to my older 505 turbos if it works well.

If I had to do my big brake upgrade again I think I'd just do the two piece rotors with bigger disks and a caliper upgrade and leave the hubs as is and run adapters to 4x114.3.

Rabin

Damn Rabin, you gotta buckle down someday here and totally own one of these butt kicking ideas. :)

I know you got like 1008 irons in the fire, but man.

Ah, you're like me. A-D-D for cool things!

(just messing with ya)

I guess I really want to see a a-z how-to on this. I think I got the last turbo ABS discs sets in the world. I still haven't fitted them. But, I have been fitting a lot of 'priceless' oem parts. The way I see it, they're doing no good sitting on the shelf!