Readers Rides

webmaster

We have just added a new section to our website: Readers rides

Yq397r is the first member listed, which can be found here:

http://www.505turbo.com/readers_rides.php?fa=Yq397r

If you would like your car posted as well, e-mail or PM me with the following format:

- Year - Model - Engine

- Complete description, modifications, future modifications, or anything related.

- Full sized images

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Yeah - it's just being run by a few mods now as Trevor moved away from Peugeot's, and August has focused on road racing his Corrado - but he still has his project 505 (until he finds a buyer at least...)

'Till then I've set up member galleries in the gallery: Member Galleries

PM me your e-mail address, full name, and what you want the username and pwd to be and I can set up an album for you and send you the link to upload pics...

Rabin

• 9 months later...

So instead of doing a Readers Rides - I created a build thread category so that you can post your own build thread for your own car...

I've already moved a few of the most current build threads there, and will move more as I find them.

Rabin

I love following build threads, and I think others do as well so wanted to make sure they didn't get "lost" in a general discussion category.

For your car - feel free to post it up in there with some detailed pics and stuff. I'm still planning on setting up a gallery to accompany this forum as I'd like all the pictures referenced to be hosted on the site so that the pictures still show up years later. Too often people clean out the own gallery and all the referenced pics disappear from the threads they linked them too.

Rabin

the other problem is, people who use photohosting sites like photobucket or picasa (guilty). the cool thing is, you can hotlink to your remotely hosted photos and have them show up full size (or nearly so) inside your posting -- if you were to host the pics locally, you only get thumbnails that you have to click on. plus, it doesn't take up storage space on the forum server which is being paid for by someone else (i.e., rabin).

the downside of using photobucket, et. al., is, if the poster drifts away & loses interest and allows the photo-hosting account to lapse, then the links are broken and the photos disappear in the posts. it would be cool if there was a way to host the photos on the forum server and still get full-sized views, but i don't think the top forum-hosting software (like IP.Board, the one this forum runs on) let you do that, at least not easily.

so to any members or guest reading this, i suggest that you download any photos that you see that you are interested in b/c they may not be there next year or even next week. that applies to this forum or any other. i personally have several gig of peugeot pictures that i've gathered from far and wide...

andré

With a proper gallery you could upload like any photo site and then link the picture exactly like you do from any other photo site. The thumbnail pics is what we have when we attach the picture to the post.

Granted the space is taken up on our server, but I'd rather that and have useful pictures stay populated. I absolutely HATE finding a cool thread only to find all the pictures are red X's...

Sadly I won't have time to get anything set up in the next while, but it's on the list!

Rabin