1986 505 Turbo for Sale-low milage

an5.sprite

After owning my 505 Turbo since new I am thinking of selling it. Car is located in Suffolk County NY zip 11960. It is metalic blue. The car has some good and bad points:

The Good:

Only 59,000 miles

Original Owner

Rebuilt Water pump

Rebuilt Alternator

New clutch Slave

2 new tires

Recent battery

No major accidents or rust

Runs well - good power once warm (see below)

The Bad:

Needs to be re-painted. The paint is showing age

It has a cold start problem - In the summer it starts fine Once temperature falls below 40 it start and stall a dozen times before it keeps running

Sunroof is inoperable

Cruise control and fog lights do not work

Small rip in leather on drivers seat side.

6" inch crack in upper right hand corner of windshield - passes inspection with no problem

Antenna does not retract fully.

Not really sure what it is worth, but I am looking to get about $1,000. Feel free to ask question or make an offer.

If interested please contact me off list at:

[email protected]

Wow... Under 100K KMS even....

Pitty you're thinking of getting out of the car Steven, sounds like it wouldn't take much at all to get it in very nice shape.

My only suggestion for selling it is to clean it up real good and post pictures online. Post the link here, on the Facebook 505 page (or one of us can do it if you don't to FB).

Personally - if the car is in nice shape with little to no rust I think you should be able to ask double that price at least. Your cold start problem is likely the NTC sensor on the thermostat which controls the cold start injector. Replace that and it'd probably fix your cold start issue. (That's just a wild guess though - best to test the theory out!)

Rabin

Im guessing this is a sedan based on the sunroof and manual trans, but i am looking for a wagon if possible ;)

Also what is this FB page you are referring to?

Thanks,

_Billy

Billy,

The car is a 4 door sedan with the 5 speed manual. I will try to get some pictures of the car posted online soon.

Car is pretty clean. We bought the car when my first child was born, once we had our 3rd child it was time for a minivan. The 505 was used only in the summer and garaged all winter long, hence no salt on the car or rust.

Steve

Peugeot 505 of North America

I'd post there too Steve with links to pictures and stuff. I'm sure you'd get more if you fixed some of the outstanding issues, otherwise it's a hell of a deal for the new owner. (Ohms - you see this yet?)

Rabin

Update with Pictures:

For anyone interested in my 86 505 Turbo below is a link to pictures.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106790675781017859578/86Peugeot505GasTurbo?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNmqiOC1ldCh-QE&feat=directlink

Rabin I do not have a FB account but feel free to post the link to anyone or anywhere. I would love the car to go to someone that will use it as it has a lot of miles left inside it. I just have too many other projects at this point.

Best bet to contact me is at:

[email protected]

Steven

of course i have. i just wanna pretend i didnt. lol

Peugeot 505 of North America

I'd post there too Steve with links to pictures and stuff. I'm sure you'd get more if you fixed some of the outstanding issues, otherwise it's a hell of a deal for the new owner. (Ohms - you see this yet?)

Rabin

• 3 weeks later...

We have the 89' turbo wagen, it is getting a bit rusty with 280K on it now...Still drives awesome but headgasket has been puking oil for sometime now.

The 89' V6 auto

My 86' Turbo GL 5-speed with 215K no rust

My father's 86' Turbo auto 59K Cali car

Plus the racecar, then this car and also a soon to be acquired parts car....

The other day the Fiat Reps came to my father because the rest of the other dealers around don't want to buy into the Fiat franchise....

Also my father was the old Fiat. Alfa, Peugeot dealer.... Would be pretty cool to sell the Abarth when it arrives next year....

We had a rental Fiat when I was in Montreal for the F1... Couple of the guys rented it all week. Sum it up - bland bland econobox with absolutely 0 driver fun. It honestly felt as uninspiring as any Domestic small cheap car. Maybe it was the automatic - but it was just pure lame. It was one of those cars that wasn't even fun to bag on.

The only thing it was good for was turning heads, and girls seemed to love it. lol

I think the 500, or even the Abarth should be more fun for sure - likely not fair painting it with a negative brush since it was a rental. What was impressive though was the inside space was pretty darn good for such a small car.

Rabin

I would only drive the 170HP turbocharged Abarth....

Fiat left with a bad taste in everyone's mouth the first time....

Also the typical quality issues with the cars were horrible... 30K was a total rebuild.... Also the rust.... X19 is the only one I would drive of the old ones..