My car almost road ready

dan68rs

Wow - the car looks great. Kinda funny as well as my car is rocking very similar Thule roof racks at the moment as well. :)

Keep us posted on what your impressions are once you get some time to drive it some.

Rabin

Do I get bonus points for competing with my roof rack? What do you think of the new rear spoiler?

Car is sans body kit for the winter. Side skirt and bumpers are freshly painted, but I'll only install them come spring, and then it'll be straight to the 3M place for protective film on the front bumper and hood.

Till then this allows me to enjoy the car in our winter events.

Rabin

post-8-1295555159.jpg

Do I get bonus points for competing with my roof rack? What do you think of the new rear spoiler?

Car is sans body kit for the winter. Side skirt and bumpers are freshly painted, but I'll only install them come spring, and then it'll be straight to the 3M place for protective film on the front bumper and hood.

Rabin

Hi, Rabin,

I remember last time I checked you were uncertain about the late model spoiler.

Does this mean I am out of luck?

Bill

I'm quite certain that I won't be putting the stock one back on...

Shipping would likely be a bugger, as well as fitting the spoiler as the 89 does have a different truck to suit the spoiler. They also relocated the antenna as it will interfere with the spoiler.

Knowing all that - if you still want to pursue getting it - PM me and we'll discuss.

Rabin

thats funny, I didnt notice all the racks before but i did think it looked right on it.

Update on the car, i went to drive it last week and it started missing. I found that it was the injector not spraying, it was clicking just no gas comming out. I pulled the injectors and that one was clogged on the inlet side. the others were a little dirty but not as bad, then found that the fuel rail had a tone of crap in it so i ran the pum with the line in a coke bottle and got a little trash, so now i have to pull the tank and see how bad it is and try to get it all cleaned out before it will be hitting the road.

As far as running with the rack on i was hoping to have it going before autocrossing starts here so i can use it some in place of my firebird.

Guest EUROTRASH

Rabin

Good thinking on the protective film, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I wouldn't exclude the side skirts, they suffer just as much as the front bumper with all the crap coming off the wheels.

I had my V70R done after it was repainted and the side skirts are indeed protected, but the 3M itself is getting rashed up and it shows.

When they tried a correction on the mirror when applying the 3M, the paint came off with the film - so not really wanting to have the 3M replaced if it pulls the paint off at the same time. :lol:

So for the 505 I was thinking of doing some protective custom mudflaps, and have even thought of doing some flat underbody panels. Car will never see loose surface once the factory body kit is back on, and will pretty much be a fair weather pavement car - so likely going to skip 3M on the skirts.

Rabin

I wanted something more modern, and something with an integrated LED brake light. Hard part was finding something wide enough, and while it's not quite perfect, it's pretty darn close. I do like the look of Bill's 89 with the duck tail - but I'll see how mine looks along with some of the other subtle mods I did at the same time.

I had quite a few compliments on the rear spoiler so far, but won't make final judgement till I get the bumpers and side skirts on it and it's been detailed.

Since the bumpers and skirts are already off, trunk and hood already done - I'm seriously tempted to have the car painted in the spring, then fit the bumpers and skirts to complete the car - but we'll have to see what kind of price that comes in at.

Rabin