:-(

Kevin

shit dude.

really sorry. you had one of the nicest n/a's like mine.

let us know about what you're gonna do afterwards.

fix it or part it? if you're going to part it, I need a tonna things.

But if it does come down to that, please buy another 505.

I had a similar, though not as bad accident back in august.

was driving pretty fast in this mountainous area, this car in front of me swerved, I was going to fast, bottomed out the front of my car, crumpled everything under my front bumper and just got a front bumper a week or two ago.

you'll bounce back bro.

shit dude.

really sorry. you had one of the nicest n/a's like mine.

let us know about what you're gonna do afterwards.

fix it or part it? if you're going to part it, I need a tonna things.

But if it does come down to that, please buy another 505.

I had a similar, though not as bad accident back in august.

was driving pretty fast in this mountainous area, this car in front of me swerved, I was going to fast, bottomed out the front of my car, crumpled everything under my front bumper and just got a front bumper a week or two ago.

you'll bounce back bro.

I can find a parts car or get the front end parts off the one in a junkyard, cut the front end off. I can get the frame straightened for about $200, I wanted/to paint the car anyway so, more motivation to do that.

Damn - that sucks Kevin.

I fixed a 505 with some some decent damage once... If you can get that corner pulled out the header panel is easily removed by drilling the spot welds out. Paid the shop that did the frame straightening to weld the replacement header panel in after I removed it.

Just make sure to leave it together for the frame dude as it's easier for them to pull it back into shape with all the stuff on it. (Except bumper maybe) They can tell how close they're getting as the metal stretches back into places - but best would be to ask him directly exactly what he likes to remain.

Since you're keeping the car - take a look at the rear calipers, and maybe the rear bias control valve. I had a wagon that seemed fine till I had to make a sudden stop. Front slid forever and I hit the car in front. Turned out the rear wheel cylinders were seized...

All four should have locked up - so if the rears didn't you should check it out.

I'd check locally for a replacement though - sometimes it's just not worth the effort if there's a nice car for cheap close by. Good on you if you stick with this one and repair it though.

Good luck!

Rabin

Yea I talked with Brian from Peugeot Holm in VT, he said the same thing about the bias control valve. My rears are definitely having issues.

good news is I found a donor car. Two of them actually. the first one was an exact copy of mine. blue with blue leather. unfortunately the parts yard dropped a 92 corolla onto the front corner crunching the hood, passenger headlight and passenger front fender... the exact body parts I need.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29920372@N05/3965613655/

Found another one this morning @ a different place that has most everything I need. the passenger fender is a little beat up but I think it could be mended. The hood seems ok. The AC condenser is toast but the fan and housing are still there/intact. It's engine bay is completely gone though heh. Only new parts I think I need to buy... so far... is a radiator. $300ish :(

With the 20 or so lost to C4C I'll be damned if I don't get mine back on the road.

post-364-1254240805.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a hood about 150 miles from you. A fender is available, but it's an '89. Let me know, I am currently in the process of making the last acquire (86 Turbo) roadworthy with '89 Turbo Wagon parts. My sister just moved to Columbus, so we might be able to easily work out something on the freight.

Bill

Yea I talked with Brian from Peugeot Holm in VT, he said the same thing about the bias control valve. My rears are definitely having issues.

good news is I found a donor car. Two of them actually. the first one was an exact copy of mine. blue with blue leather. unfortunately the parts yard dropped a 92 corolla onto the front corner crunching the hood, passenger headlight and passenger front fender... the exact body parts I need.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29920372@N05/3965613655/

Found another one this morning @ a different place that has most everything I need. the passenger fender is a little beat up but I think it could be mended. The hood seems ok. The AC condenser is toast but the fan and housing are still there/intact. It's engine bay is completely gone though heh. Only new parts I think I need to buy... so far... is a radiator. $300ish :D

With the 20 or so lost to C4C I'll be damned if I don't get mine back on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Got the frame fixed, Brian from Peugeot Holm in Vermont hooked me up with a fender. Still need to get a cooling fan, but it's fine for now.

the new core support is welded in & it's getting painted in the next few weeks.

After that hook up the wiring harness and put it back together...

a good set of used tires and hopefully i'll be back in business. We will see.

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

oh yea, and a new alternator belt... :D

awesome.

looks like great progress to me.

you thinkin a full new paint job? :D

I'm guessing you read my thread about when my car got hit hard in the rear.

I've gotta tell ya, it's a great feeling to see your car after its been fixed...

if i was you, i'd get a turbo front air dam.

i'm in the process of getting a new one, they really make quite the difference in the looks.

I did a very similar fix on a total loss 86' 505 STI years ago - it was even the same colour.

Sadly I screwed up and put a "hot rod" chrome valve cover PCV filter on the XN6 PCV system and it didn't breathe at all. Forced the engine oil out on the highway and I put a rod through the block... Damn shame too as that car ran AWESOME.

Good luck on the repairs - it's well worth it and really not that hard to do.

Rabin

hey kevin, got a quick question for you.

where did the frame bend for you? how much did it cost you to get fix?

in response to my peugeot-L post, some dude emailed me saying that he's sorry, but my p/s frame rail is bent. confusing, because when I looked it seemed straight.

let me know bro.

• 2 months later...

It's baaaack... mostly. i need to put the Peugeot emblems on the back on and find something funky going on w/ the tail light grounding.

But it runs and drives and the rust is fixed :)

IMAG0430.jpg

Before:

3956688716_7fd40a5d15.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

3956689316_c143879f99.jpg

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

$250 for the frame work Rob

wow, that looks great! better than ever. i'm taking mine to several places on monday, hopefully I'd get quoted somewhere along those lines.

yea i still have some clean up to do on it. clean up the interior, put the peugeot mudflaps back on, roof rack back on, rear badges, etc

That looks AWESOME!

Well done on keeping the old girl alive after an accident like that. MANY folks would have not gone through the trouble, so it's very nice to see that you did.

:)

Rabin

• 3 months later...

That looks AWESOME!

Well done on keeping the old girl alive after an accident like that. MANY folks would have not gone through the trouble, so it's very nice to see that you did.

:o

Rabin

yea, not totally sold on keeping it though. not having a place to work on it is leading to neglect... and that makes me feel bad. I washed it earlier today and cleaned some tree sap off it. If someone offers me some cash for it I'll probably let it go.

I don't have the knowledge or budget to make it perfect.

http://i31.twitgoo.com/2el5kib.jpg2el5kib.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

shiiit. it seems like everyone's jumping ship these days.

Yea, looking for a brave mechanic in Ohio or surrounding states who wants to do some electrical and vacuum work. turn signals front and rear and the brake lights in the tail lights aren't working (CHMSL is fine)

also the climate control doesn't work anymore, probly a vacuum issue.

if I can't find someone to do that i'm gonna be getting rid of it, just a drain on insurance and license fees. I don't have a garage to work on it anymore, just becoming an annoyance.

Electrical stuff is pretty easy. Clean up the grounding trees. If you can't or don't want to do the work, find some English car guys. Ask them who would get that stuff working on MGs or whatnot. Peugeot stuff is pretty standard in the electrical department. Any decent auto electric shop should be able to get it going with a minimal amount of fuss.