Getting ready to race #45 for the first time

nick@nite

Alot of people didn't show up that normally do the Hillclimbs. And the Volvo did not either. I guess Charlie is selling that shell with cage now... People underestimate the Pug's all the time... :D

We think your TB would be better than the CIS butterfly setup. And the N9TE injectors & rail fits the mani with not much modding. Also the Ford TB has TPS and ISV

0525111817.jpg

0525111819.jpg

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The scoop was made from a cooking pan my father had made, unless he's changed it :D

I rather have a scoop than the cut out hood, again EVERYTHING that my uncle has done or made for this car has been wrong.... I think when he was building it he tried to make the 505 a Nascar RC. Which he was very good at roundey rounds aswell and has started making another circle Neon track car.

Also it was never a rally car, it was in IMSA, in the Firestone FIrehawk Series Showroom Stock Touring class.

This morning took out the throttle shafts and plates very high quality. Danielson must have used a different water outlet, did some grinding today to make #1 throat fit and will cap the two inlet heater lines. Also the P/S res. will have to be cut and moved to a remote location to make the TB work.

0526111209.jpg

0526111208.jpg

Good call on the TB having the ISV - I forgot about that one. TPS may have been possible to do - but using the Ford TB is definitely the faster way to get this sucker built.

The individual TB assemblies look very nice - just like something out of a rack of bike carbs. I also was curious about what kind of clearance you'd have to run that intake, but it looks like you guys are good to go with some grinding. Any ideas for the PS pump location? Would you guys think about de-powering the system and losing the PS all together? I run my 504 this way and it's not bad at all. Not advisable with a small steering wheel for street use as it's a bit too hard for parking lots - but the steering feel is fantastic at high speed.

Rabin

That IR intake is the coolest Peugeot part I have ever seen. Rabin, if Nick sells it to you, I have dibs if you ever decide to sell it! I think I'd mount it on the wall like a giant trophy..... :lol:

Nick, the HANS is headed your way soon, my friends in Ohio finally broke down and bought a second one.

The car looks great, can't wait to hear more as it all comes together. Good luck!

Finally got the 505 back tonight with the new cage. Joey finally finished it, nice work but always not as complete i still have to bolt the seats and steering wheels back together.... The seats werent bolted in, almost drove it off the trailer.... I'm going to start removing the engine and hopefully the i can get the dani engine over to Joey.so he can make a fmic in time for next weekends race at Burke. I have no time for the vems to run a event before or to test it... So dani engine on stock injection is the way were heading...

Too bad time wasn't on your side for getting that sucker together to run with VEMS for Mt Washington. Best to run a tried and true set up, but had time allowed I'm certain VEMS would allow that engine to make crazy HP with wicked response.

So whatcha gonna do with the ITB's? :D

Rabin

Pic's of the sweet new cage. Bought POR-15 today, and started cleaning the floors going to POR-15 the floors as well.

Intake Joey is doing, still haven't gotten it back yet. pulled the head and pistons, 3 pistons bad...

I think we are just going to throw another engine we got out back thats been sitting.

Upside of things the Cometic Headgasket sealing rings held together....

0604111212.jpg

0604111213.jpg

0604111212a.jpg

Worked all day on the teardown Saturday, 3 bad pistons and one rod was scorched beyond use.

Sunday, found 3 C spec pistons, and one B spec, didn't have a ring compressor, hosed clamp the rings took alot of time...

Fired her up and is alive again :rolleyes:

Nick,

The HANS has been shipped to you. Please let me know when it arrives. If needed, you can adjust the straps to make it easier to move your head from side to side. Make sure to test fit yourself several times so you get comfortable, it can feel strange at first. When I first wore one back in 2000, it flet strange till I got on track, then it was forgotten. Now, I feel weird without one.

Bryan

Another event that was pretty wet weekend. not very ideal for racing. Then when wasn't rainning the fog was horrible towards the top... Both cars are in good shape for Washington. My father has to put a restrictor on his turbo and mod his cage...

Volvo wasn't there so I won my class. My time wasn't the greatest but with the weather not beening so great I didn't push it too hard.

IMG_5008_1024.jpg

IMG_5015_1024.jpg

Rabin J Russell was asking:

Is that just a one window hall sensor intended for camsync, or is it 2 (or more) window intended for a crank signal? I opened up the ECU for the car and it's configured for a Hall primary trigger, though that can be changed relatively easy. If you don't have another plan though, a hall sensor for the primary trigger is a good way to go.

Also said the bench test with the VEMS ECU is fine

Also realized there is a window made for a crank trigger on the flywheel plate cover. Noticed that when we were rebuilding the engine when we were taking the pan off.

Just came back from Kalescustom the TB plate is all made, Joey is moving his shop to bigger and better shop. So after Washington the Danielson engine is going over there to finish the intake and turbo & IC plumbing work, and he may even end up finishing 75% of it. We've been pretty busy in the shop latley

Jason wanted to come by and start on the harness last week. He thought we wanted to get the engine before Washington but with all the $$$ that has been involved we were not going to test an untested motor and a standalone injection system for Washington & waste a whole lot of $ if it doesn't run right...

Bryan The Hans I just got in the mail, Thanks alot!!! That saves me some $ We have to buy 108 Gallons of Cam2 Sunoco race fuel though it's in the southern part of the state thats the reason why of getting 2 barrels, we've pratically tapped the first drum already.

Sorry for the late response...

One window distributor is for cam timing/sync so that you could use the injector timing feature VEMS has. glad to hear all was good with the bench test as well.

I just got back from Montreal, and seeing the F1 race. Had a blast, but no chance in hell I could get away to come down to VT for a visit. I did bring back all the good bits off the wagon I bought with John (the505inme), so now I'll need to get the dani engine on a stand and start going over it. Hoping to get it sorted for install next year.

Rabin

Snapped the torque tube @the flange. Tim O'neil found us a 18 year old kid that could weld great. Went on a mission to get him though... Welded it pretty good I'm missing practice today but will put it in for tomorrow

Well the event was great I didn't get to practice very much at all I finished 37th... Though I wanted to beat the Saab 900 turbo that was in my class but for the three runs I had... Also since I didn't get to run on Friday I got put in the first of the group meaning the slowest... Both runs were absolutly in clouds and fog on the vista's and I couldn't see jack after the 5 mile mark until the dirt section. Then it went to crap after the dirt. Both Runs had clouds start coming in and then getting better later.... Also I bought some BFG drag radials on Thursday from Tirerack and had them shipped to the hill. I thought might be good for the the event with 0 treadwear and had some tread groove since it mostly rained and the dirt section. I was wrong, the sidewalls rolled even with 37PSI in them scared me a couple of time on the first run today...

Oh well the car is in one piece and I was very happy to be in the event. VT SportsCar had Higgens and he best the record on the first run with a 6:19 the first time and on the second run set the record with a 6:11

My father had a horrible 2nd run on the lower half and got beat pretty bad. He blames the miss shifts on the 2nd can of Redbull, he came 14th overall

_D3S9125.jpg

Mike Ryan was also there and was cool to see this go up the hill

_D3S8925.jpg

_D3S8574.jpg

_D3S9053.jpg

My link

Congrats man! Sounds like you had an awesome time, and best of all you didn't DNF, and the car is good. Can't wait for pics and vids to surface now.

On an unrelated note = the 10 minute barrier at Pike's Peak fell finally. Monster got it with a 9:51 run today.

Rabin

Congratulations Nick!

When I read that the torque tube flange broke, I thought, "How in the hell do you break the unbreakable part?" I also thought, "How do I get ready to ship a spare to you?" For a brief moment all night road trip and cases of Red Bull were dancing in my head...

Someone will want those BFG drag tires. Wish I'd have known as I could have helped save you the heartache with those tires. A friend tried that on a tarmac pro rally stage with similar results a while back.

Can't wait to see more photos.

Bryan