Let There Be Light!

Finally.

I'm hookin them up tonight.

I will have more photos then.

Special Thanks to Jesse at DuBarr Peugeot!!

2612186680_dc1858d826.jpg

2612187700_f102fd12a1.jpg

2612187530_da49e0c82d.jpg

2611353177_c44915f4f0.jpg

2612187954_b102f9fe5f.jpg

2612188170_c2d290889d.jpg

2611353693_170b74fc0f.jpg

n730435199_978491_6875.jpg

I'm going to get a spare pair of brand new lenses. I also will soon hopefully have 5000k HID's installed.

Just so happens my neighbor owns this site, www.sharphid.com and he also coincidentally is on one of my fourms, volvospeed.com

If it turns out to be too hard to install, or too much of a hassle, I'll just throw on a pair of 5000kelvin HID look bluish H4's.

Found a cheap pair already, so its a matter of getting them (just in case)

lol - small world... Is the SharpHID guy's name Scott? Drove a gorgeous V70R with a ton of mods... (goes by Leurven or something on the forums...) It was sad when he got into an accident and parted it out...

As for running HID's - I didn't like them on my V70R with euro lenses. The light scatter in any halogen style euro light is excessive and it did not have clean cut offs to prevent blinding people. I ran an HID kit in my V70R for a few nights and pulled them out. Initially it seemed my wife's migraine's were actually being triggered by the intense white light reflecting off everything, and while I was trying to set them so that the light was more controlled - I could not believe how much scatter there is. I even stopped the car and walked 100ft out in front and it was blinding to any oncoming traffic with them set into the ground...

Hope you have better luck with them in the 505 lights - but make sure that they don't blind people... Being blinded by HID light is NASTY...

For my euro lights - I'm just going to get some uprated halogens from Daniel Stern lighting... I've got 4 nice Hella projector housings for HID's in the 505 if I ever get a quad headlight set up to mod...

Hope you Rabin

That sucks about the migranes. Yeah, John and CJ have their shop in my town,(300+ 855 T5R), and leurven.

Really too bad about his VR.

It was sick. He's driving a black tinted out Allroad Quattro now.

He neeeds to get back into the brick game!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the lights came with two BRAND NEW Superwhite H4's, so they already should have good vision, and theyre kinda bluish.

I just havent tried em out yet.

btw, I didn't have time last night to install them, so I might today.

Should I sell the tails to Rabin or hold out? Because he's interested. I told you they're not going, but soon. I'll only will have one good right side tail after, and no decor after until I see another one which maybe in the near future .

go ahead.

rabin, youre a really deserving guy who has a 10 x nicer car than me, and hell, living in the bay area, stuff like that is bound to come up now and then, go ahead. Nick, I got the car fixed, so I am in that pit. :unsure:

But Rabin, once you get em' post some pics, aight?

also, there are other pressing issues with the car right now, so I want to focus more on those stuff.

I'd be broke like this for a while :lol:

Sweet - pics will definitely follow after they're installed...

As for the new lenses you speak of for the euro lights - do you have a source for them? I'd love to get a passenger side replacement for mine... (Took a stone and made me VERY VERY sad...)

Was going to try and fix it with the same stuff they fix windsheilds with (or try to) - but a replacement lense would be ideal.

Rabin

As you can tell, the driver side one is a little bit pitted, but instead of just getting one replacement, I want to get two, as there are very rare lights, and I just want to be safe. :unsure:

I've spoken to a few people now, doing the monthly Peugeot part rounds on the phone, and I think there are a few good reliable sources so far.

Please help my guys.

Just tried installing em, didn't work.

Also, not sure if there is enough space behind the driver's side.

I posted on P.L, and am hoping to get some instructions.

Keep in mind also that the build date of the car is May/1983.

Please tell me which bolts to undo.

Please help my guys.

Just tried installing em, didn't work.

Also, not sure if there is enough space behind the driver's side.

I posted on P.L, and am hoping to get some instructions.

Keep in mind also that the build date of the car is May/1983.

Please tell me which bolts to undo.

When I bought mine, they came with these clips that were supposed to make them work with the "older" 505s. I'd guess 83 qualifies. I have no idea how they would work - they just dropped in my car.

my problem is more of that I cant get the dual round brackets out.

Plus there's a some box crookedly mounted like 4 or 5 inches behind the dual round bracket.

I'm crossing my fingers that when I call some local Peugeot Tech's that they say it's possible.

I'm just too tired for tonight, afraid I'll screw it up bigtime.

my problem is more of that I cant get the dual round brackets out.

Plus there's a some box crookedly mounted like 4 or 5 inches behind the dual round bracket.

I'm crossing my fingers that when I call some local Peugeot Tech's that they say it's possible.

I'm just too tired for tonight, afraid I'll screw it up bigtime.

nice lights B) hope you get them working!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't logged on in forever... I don't know if you got this resolved, but here's my $0.02...

That box you see behind the driver headlight just contains some diodes and a relay for the cooling fan. Back when I had an '84 XN6, I simply removed the relay and its mounting bracket from inside the box and mounted it to the bulkhead much like a later mode 505. This gave me the room I needed for the European headlight install. If you wanted to go for that 100% factory look, you can try to find the plastic cover that slides over that bracket from a later model car as well.

Since you have an '83, you're going to need the mounting hardware and adjusters from an '84 or later car. I believe Peugeot installed the tabs for the retention springs, but bent them down... so you may have to bend them up again.

Do the adjusters and such need to be mounted into the stock holes?

Also, I thought it'd be best to relocate the relay box to near the strut tower, and just zip tie it on. or at least across from where it is right now.

I don't recall if the stock holes exist on the early US models, but if so, then yes... There is that white nylon plastic vertical adjuster that mounts through the top of the bulkhead (one per side). There's a black plastic bracket with the horizontal adjuster that mounts near the grille on each side, and a smaller black plastic bracket with the ball joint that mounts near the fender on each side. Install those items as well as the retention spring, and you should be set!