Hello!

Hi! I'm a French guy owning a 1989 Peugeot 505 STX, that came back in France in 2004 (from Florida).

So, how does it feel to drive a 505 on US roads?

regp.jpg

img_0319.jpg

moteur3.jpg

two pictures showing my car in France, and another one showing my futur engine. :)

Welcome to the forum!

The top picture looks like it was from the US with the other US spec cars! Do you guys have a club or something in France for imported US cars?

The 24V engine should be a really nice upgrade - you'll have to keep us posted!

Rabin

Oh gosh Rabin, look at those wonderful street regulation signs. Maybe the state of Florida has changed? As for the GM lineup in the photo, I'd say the 63 Caddy coupe would be the only collectable one.

Welcome to the forums. Hard to believe that a USA spec 505 would wonder back to its homeland, but I guess anything is possible.

Jeff

There is a lot of us imported car's clubs and maybe ten huge meeting per year, with something like one hundred American cars. In France, even a Skylark is collectible... but you can find better cars, like Challenger R/T. ;)

The engine I'm making is a 3L 12V (not a 24V :) ) , with special camshafts, high pressure injection (4,5bars), enlighted crankshaft and one or two little things more. It should turn in two weeks (I hope :o )

Is it easy to find spare parts for a 505 V6 in US? parts like brake discs or shocks?

http://leverdie.club.fr/505-V6-GDB.htm

you can see my car here, the blue car is one of Christophe Leverdier's 505.

• 3 months later...

Welcome to the forum Mitko!

The 2-door 505 coupe in your avatar - is that a photoshop, or is the car real? Looks nice either way! (505 lines makes such a nice coupe - they missed out making a production one...)

Rabin

there are some of my collectoin photos.

Now I buy a new body for my Peugeot 505 becаuse the old body have too much rust on it.

And now I make the same thinks like the indonesians with big whills "215/45/17 I have photos but now my pc have little problems whit bluethoot drivres :unsure:

post-384-1210693581.jpg

post-384-1210693625.jpg

post-384-1210693650.jpg

post-384-1210693753.jpg

I have one question can i remove the drub breaks on the back on my 505 and fit a disk break from 504 is that a possible :unsure:

The rear suspension of the 504 and 505 are the same except for the bearing carriers, and axle lengths. So you should be able to swap everything over - but I've never seem a drum brake set up on a sedan.

So if the bearing carriers or the axles are different you'll need to swap everything over, as well as the master brake cylinder.

If you swap the 504 bits over - the rear track will also be quite a bit narrower than the 505...

North America never got the rear drums on sedans, so maybe someone else can give more specific info, but I'd bet it's an easy swap just from other things I've seen between the cars.

Rabin

Guest EUROTRASH

There is a lot of us imported car's clubs and maybe ten huge meeting per year, with something like one hundred American cars. In France, even a Skylark is collectible... but you can find better cars, like Challenger R/T. :)

The engine I'm making is a 3L 12V (not a 24V :unsure: ) , with special camshafts, high pressure injection (4,5bars), enlighted crankshaft and one or two little things more. It should turn in two weeks (I hope :) )

Is it easy to find spare parts for a 505 V6 in US? parts like brake discs or shocks?

In answer to your question. It is quite difficult to find parts for the V6, especially the parts you mentioned. How about in France?

I own a 1987 V6 STI

Thank you for the exponation Bean.Here in Varna my home town have 10 505 s and the only one 504 is in

on the scrapyard.I'll see what will do.For now I must make a full repair on my diesel engine wich is 2.5

without turbo that is important for me.Hey Bean I saw here in the forum to talk about drilling the hubs

well I do the same modification but with original four bolts just I replace the tenons to fit them with the new wheels.And I'm not sure is that strong enough to hold the weight of the car.On the rear the tenons come little short and that makes me worry.I don't want to see when I'm driving my car то seе my wheels how

they leave me behind :unsure:. So if I'm wrong about , i have another four hubs to make them right modifications and make them strong to hold the wheels on place.

There is a lot of us imported car's clubs and maybe ten huge meeting per year, with something like one hundred American cars. In France, even a Skylark is collectible... but you can find better cars, like Challenger R/T. :)

The engine I'm making is a 3L 12V (not a 24V :) ) , with special camshafts, high pressure injection (4,5bars), enlighted crankshaft and one or two little things more. It should turn in two weeks (I hope :) )

Most Peugeot parts here require looking under rocks for parts at ; but the internet has made it much easier to find them. Of all the 505s I own I prefer the V6; as long as its maintained Im told they will go 300-350,000 miles. I wish mine was a 5 speed though :unsure:

I have a friend in France with a Skylark and a Mercury Monarch. Neither of those cars here are not collectors items but they sure have disappeared from the roads.

Peugeot 505s handle and brake very well, my two diesels ride like a Cadillac. I have several V8 cars, but the way gas prices have gone (not nearly as bad as the 8.47-8.63/gallon as my friend tells me, so maybe we should stop our complaining ?) I dont drive my gashogs much.