15" Alloys Wanted

I got a mix match of 14 & 15" steelies and weird, wrong bad tires with my 88 505 turbo.

Would really love some 15-inchers the likes of which came on the earlier turbos, I don't really dig the later OEM ones. Unless they have different offset or something, that's what i'm after.

I figured since there were always between 1-8 beater pugs in the yards here I'd be set. But there weren't this time and it's a rare thing for me to get to the yards...

So if someone between Sacramento & Santa Cruz has four or five that are worth running, send word.

I have 5 of these wheels in Monterey. They are 15"

4 don't have the black spoke decals and 1 of them has some paint over spray on it

The 1 other is like the photo with the black spoke decals

I was going to have all 5 wheels cleaned and powder coated but my plans have changed

I have the center chrome caps as well.

Welcome to this group and nice to see another Citroen guy around.

Jeff

post-57-1202093786.jpg

welcome again

i have a set of 4 STI rims, just like the ones that jeff posted a pic of, all in great shape. Just one catch-theyre metric, and all have old Michelin Metric Tires on-which have probably 60% wear. I can sell them, but tires are tricky to come by. Mine also all have the black stripes.

Just curious...the car you have, with the mix matched rims, did you just buy that from someone in SF? There was a 88 white Turbo Auto that i almost made an offer on which had mix matched rims.

Also, please post pics of all your cars!

Sound cool!

Jeff,

Good to meet you, by proxy. I would have been in Santa Cruz today working on the Cit's if my Volvo didn't just bite it this morning...

If I can't source some locally today, I'll be coming down for those; I'd dig four or five -I do have a 15" I could use as a spare. Very soon, the transportation situation is very dire.

Rob:

Knew I'd find you here. Yeah, that's the same pug; I've known the lady a while... Took her old citroen apart last year. Jean transfered all the good parts off this car to her '82 it seems and didn't put the '88 back together quite right. But, it's a serviceable vehicle. I can't beat it too hard as it had a cracked head or block passage last year. It's nice to finally have a turbo though.

Yeah, if the rims you've got need TRX tires; I am 100% not interested. I love those tires, came stock on my CX, but they're not worth a few hundred per rim. Thanks though. And BTW, we are always looking for runnable TRXs. I'd appreciate any leads.

Cheers guys -Sean

post-334-1202149098.jpg

Hi Sean and Jeff,

What do good TRX's go for these days? I've collected a matched set of 4 really good tires (80 - 90% tread), and a couple off size TRX's in really good shape...

Wasn't sure what to do with them so I was going to just burn them off auto-x'ing them - but if they're of use somewhere else I wouldn't want to just waste them. If you're curious I can post pictures...

Thanks

Rabin

lol

yep sean, thats why i couldnt do them anymore

They used to have them at Costco for a LONG time, but when they stopped stocking them, its was all bad.

Now, I'm rolling on 15" STI rims wrapped with sweet Bridgestone Potenza's

Love them!

just wondering sean, you have a 244?

nice!

what kind of powerplant?

is it a flathood?

oh, and please post more pics of the 505turbo!!

There's no market up here for them. I know there are some Ford Mustang guys that might like to get them - but I'd prefer to have them go to someone who needs them for his Cit...

I don't want loads of money for them - but I'd need enough to replace the rubber as I'd be losing a set of decent tires for slaloming. (200 tread wear and they're still sticky with soft tread blocks.)

If they're not in dire need for them it's likely not worth the effort to send them down - but if they were needed I'd make the effort.

Rabin

Hang on to those TRX tires a little while. The guy I work for will be overseas for a couple weeks, I'll ask him when he gets back. If they're around 195-65 to 225-50 and under 5 years old I can think of a few customers off the top of my head who need some.

There was a yard here in town I actually didn't know about, but, it wasn't worth knowing about.

Anybody been to moss Landing recently?

I could just call Miles... but then it's like work!

Rob,

on the cold days in hell i'm on Turbobricks I go by s_r_c.

There was a thread rolling along when I first got the 244.

It ended up with a faint rod knock and yesterday the transmission cooked up.

The trans works now and i put dello in the engine

but n-a it will stay.

...As for the TRX's, it's just the citroen cx, the pug turbos, and some mustang crowd that's in to them.

I can't believe they ever had them at costco. my god that would have been awesome.

They tend to go for around 100 bucks each, sometimes with corresponding rims.

Burning them up auto-x'g isn't a waste; they're great tires. In fact I wholeheartedly recommend enthusiastic usage.

Well - they're most certainly over 5 years old - probably more like 10...

There's no weather cracking, and the blocks are nice and soft. They're also all 220's so they're a lot of rubber for the car - which is why I was going to auto-x them. They had a great dry weather rep - and the car felt fantastic with them on...

Keep me posted as I likely won't use them till May...

Rabin

Hang on to those TRX tires a little while. The guy I work for will be overseas for a couple weeks, I'll ask him when he gets back. If they're around 195-65 to 225-50 and under 5 years old I can think of a few customers off the top of my head who need some.

There was a yard here in town I actually didn't know about, but, it wasn't worth knowing about.

Anybody been to moss Landing recently?

I could just call Miles... but then it's like work!

Rob,

on the cold days in hell i'm on Turbobricks I go by s_r_c.

There was a thread rolling along when I first got the 244.

It ended up with a faint rod knock and yesterday the transmission cooked up.

The trans works now and i put dello in the engine

but n-a it will stay.

...As for the TRX's, it's just the citroen cx, the pug turbos, and some mustang crowd that's in to them.

I can't believe they ever had them at costco. my god that would have been awesome.

They tend to go for around 100 bucks each, sometimes with corresponding rims.

Burning them up auto-x'g isn't a waste; they're great tires. In fact I wholeheartedly recommend enthusiastic usage.

oh crap, i know who you are!

i'm freeride53!!

we've talked before. lol, stupid me :blink:

In locally thery are available in Michelin brand... they are "bit" more expensive than was my set from Sweden. It was ViaNor sweden were those was coming and they delivered those closest ViaNor store (6km from my house).

When I was piking them, they informed at they have also those on stock but in Michelin brand.

V-M

Between three yards along hwy 99 I found four pre-86 505s, one wagon. one cosmetically picked over '91 405

Just an fyi.

So, someone's gobbling up these rims, the few cars that had wheels on them were 14"

Making me conclude... I should take ANY 15" at this point.

I have two steel 15x(5.5?)

I'll take two more.

Or: A set of four of the appropriate wide-spoke 15x6" alloys.

Right now the Volvo is running, so I don't have long before it breaks.

Thanks again -SRC

Peugeot wheels are often hard to come by as the old Subaru guys will pick them in a heart beat as well. The older Brat, Loyale, GL-10 etc run the same 4x140 and the Peugeot mags are a nice upgrade for them.

Rabin

welcome again

i have a set of 4 STI rims, just like the ones that jeff posted a pic of, all in great shape. Just one catch-theyre metric, and all have old Michelin Metric Tires on-which have probably 60% wear. I can sell them, but tires are tricky to come by. Mine also all have the black stripes.

Just curious...the car you have, with the mix matched rims, did you just buy that from someone in SF? There was a 88 white Turbo Auto that i almost made an offer on which had mix matched rims.

Also, please post pics of all your cars!

Sound cool!

That right I have another set of STI wheels and tires...

No Black decals. With alot of tread left on Michelin TRW tires. 75% tread left, considering these old tire now cracks in the tires. they will have to be shipped so if you want them make an offer and also pic's can be availible is still interested. :)

• 6 months later...

That right I have another set of STI wheels and tires...

No Black decals. With alot of tread left on Michelin TRW tires. 75% tread left, considering these old tire now cracks in the tires. they will have to be shipped so if you want them make an offer and also pic's can be availible is still interested. :wacko:

I know this thread is a several months old now, but please let me know if these wheels are still for sale. Thanks!

Bobby