Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo

andrethx

for christmas, my son got a Sony PS4 gaming system and some games. today, my wife bought me a little present -- Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo. it has the cars he's driven over the years, including the Pike's Peak 208 and his recent Citroens. It also includes the 405 T16 from 1988! Should be fun. :)

Photo%20Jan%2013%201%2017%2056%20PM_zpsf

Photo%20Jan%2013%201%2018%2003%20PM_zpsc

Holy. Cow.

I need this now.  Looked like a 504 coupe in there, as well as an RS200 which is what I worked on at PPIHC...

Might be easier for me to get the PC version - but I need to investigate further.

Rabin

AFAIK the "day one" edition, which includes the '88 cars & '88 PP track, is only available on the XB1 and the PS4; the PC/Steam version is only available in the "regular" (non-day one) version. i think that the 405 and the '88 PP track are available as DLC for the PC/Steam version, not sure about cost though.

As the video i linked to above shows, the current-day PP track is part of the regular game. I haven't had a chance to play yet; according to the game website, the '88 PP track is a separate track (Day One/DLC), and includes the period-correct unpaved sections...

Dirt Rally apparently is THE standard in rally games these days - But the car and track sections are fantastic in SLRE...  

Still so much want.  Need to start researching if PS4 ia the way to go or if I should do PC...

Rabin

well, there's not a lot of games out there that you need a PC for over a console (XB1 or PS4) these days...Flight Simulator comes to mind. And to get a PC that will do justice to some of these games, you're looking at US$1,000, at least. so for me, an enthusiastic-but-somewhat-time-constrained gamer, a console is the way to go since they only cost $250-$400 or so.

As for XB1 vs. PS4, like 90% of the titles are available for both, with only a few being specific to each platform...Halo, Forza, etc. for the XB1 and Gran Turismo, God of War, Uncharted, etc. for the PS4. My son is a fan of some of the Japanese stuff like Kingdom Hearts (another PS4 exclusive) so we went with the Sony console.