Conrod Bearings For N9TE STD size

505 Turbo B5

That's likely going to be your best shot (and possibly only shot) at getting con rod bearings.

Any other option involves custom work which will usually mean more time and more money.

Rabin

i can think of one suggestion of where you can find this....the guy who started this website is on the facebook group, i haven't bought anything from him (yet) but he is definitely an enthusiast as well as a business person. if you buy from him, please let us know how it went...

andré

Thank you very much for your reply, I will place an order and report back.

That's likely going to be your best shot (and possibly only shot) at getting con rod bearings.

Any other option involves custom work which will usually mean more time and more money.

Rabin

Just so i am sure, these are Main Bearings... right?

Because i have ordered Main bearings from This website, and there is quite a difference in price...

i can also see that there is a reinforced head gasket on the site, and i have plans to turn up the boost pressure on this engine. (that's also the reason why i am rebuilding this engine, started out as just a Head gasket replacement.) what is your opinion on this gasket, is it worth the money?

That just looks like a composite gasket similar to what Cometic would sell, but 240 is a lot of $$. Sadly Cometic didn't return my calls, but still might be worth calling.

I was working on seeing about getting some MLS gaskets made up, but alas I suck and life got in the way amd I've had to prioritize house renos.

What supporting mods are you doing to support more boost?

Rabin

I think I'm going to buy the headgasket to, it should be better then the gasket I already have.

Apart from the complete overhaul of the engine, I will swap the turbo from an non water-cooled to one that is water-cooled from a -88 N9TEA.

The head has been sent in to be machined and all the valves checked for leaks, and checked for any cracks.

I also have swapped out the radiator for a bigger bmw radiator, and a front mounted intercooler, Oilcooler added in the front.

Have Bought an adjustable Fuel pressure regulator. And possibly going to buy a new in tank fuel pump? (suggestions?)

Planning on bigger injectors to(suggestions? ) , I would gladly take any suggestions on other supporting mods. ☺

Added photos of how the car looks at the moment.

Ludvig

post-1063-0-11679000-1438848286_thumb.jp

post-1063-0-74473700-1438849601_thumb.jp

post-1063-0-22981000-1438849679_thumb.jp

post-1063-0-16887000-1438849815_thumb.jp

Don't waste your money on that gasket, the cometic is less than half the price and hasn't been degrading on a shelf for 20 years. 94mm bore size so it doesn't protrude into the chamber.

Buy a wideband, the fpr should be all you need. Injectors and fuel pump won't be needed unless you change to a stand alone ecu.

Let me know if you still need them? I'll have a look on my storage, I'll should have some std sets old stock bearings.

V-M

Yes, i still need to get a hold of one set, i have been trying to send you a private message about this, but it says you cant receive messages?

Could you please PM me here on the forum or send an Email to: [email protected]

Don't waste your money on that gasket, the cometic is less than half the price and hasn't been degrading on a shelf for 20 years. 94mm bore size so it doesn't protrude into the chamber.

Buy a wideband, the fpr should be all you need. Injectors and fuel pump won't be needed unless you change to a stand alone ecu.

Ok, thanks! do you have a link for the Cometic Gasket maybe?

a stand alone ecu is not what i have planned on, so the stock fuelpump and injectors will have to do.