Best color for 505

the delft blue color on the 505s was not great, IMHO...WRT the mazda blues, i think that "mica" means "metallic" so there are lots of different blue micas. my favorite is laser blue mica:

mazda%20mica%20blue_zpsrhukq9a9.jpg

however -- if we are not limiting ourselves to peugeot colors, i've always been fond of bmw's atlantis blue:

atlantis-blue-bmw-e92-m3_zps6zoimudl.jpg

andré

Thanks for the suggestions. Not limiting to Peugeot colors but I want it to look period correct. The reason I liked the deep blue Mica was that a coworker has the car and parking side by side I can imagine the look.

post-981-0-89011200-1430934566_thumb.jpg

that's a very nice color, i googled it and it appears that it has a very slight hint of green in it that doesn't show up except in very intense daylight...in most conditions it looks similar to the original dark blue color, albeit a bit sparklier...

mazda%20deep%20blue%20mica_zpshoyks4ts.p

andré

I was going to suggest my Volvo's Nautic Pearl Blue - but it looks similar to the Mazda colour.

Only thing I'd suggest is to inquire on the cost of paint as well as any added techniques to paint it. Also - ask about ease of touch ups or future repairs - any heavy metalics or Pearls will be hard to match if you have a fender bender.

Rabin

• 3 months later...