how do you like the forum?

webmaster

Looks great!

Only thing I can see that I'd like is maybe some model specific forums... 405, 505, Diesel, performance.... ???

Hard to say since it would split up the users - but it would be more convenient for those of us that just deal with a particular model.

Thanks for the effort!

Rabin

How do you all like the forum? Is there something you'd like to see added? let us know!

I have never been subscribed to a forum before-

so I'll just have to wait and see.

It seems to be a little more difficult to navigate than my inbox,

but I like the color blue.

Peter

Looks great!

Only thing I can see that I'd like is maybe some model specific forums...  405, 505, Diesel, performance....  ???

Hard to say since it would split up the users - but it would be more convenient for those of us that just deal with a particular model.

Thanks for the effort!

Rabin

Thanks for the feedback Rabin. That is a good idea, and i thought of doing it while setting up the threads. The only thing that turned me away from it was the fact that it would leave too many threads, and barley no posts in either. I was thinking of just letting all the conversation happen in general, then once it seems like there's a croud, create a more organized format.

Do you all think that's a good idea? Or do you think the fact that there AREN'T model specific threads it'll shy people away?

Very good so far.

Let's just try not to alienate those who feel comfortable with the mailing list, there's nothing wrong with visiting both places, and us Francophiles should stick together.

You can argue both ways successfully I think! I like the idea of a bit more separation of topic might be handy, but I like your idea of growing the forum first as well...

What about doing a simple 4 series forum and 5 series forum - that should allow people with either series to focus the info more. Or even RWD and FWD to cover the different cars we have? (I'm liking the RWD and FWD more I think....)

I usually delete all the 405 stuff since I don't have one - ditto with the diesel questions. If I ever got one though - the specific forum would be a gold mine of vehicle specific info to check out.

Just my thoughts...

BTW - if you want or need admins or moderators - I'm an admin on my car club forum and have some experience with some of the simple maintenance items...

Just thought of something we did on our club forum...

The top logo with the Peugeot lion (nice touch BTW) should link back to your home page.

Makes it easier to go back and forth between the two and makes better use of the 505Turbo home page - which is also coming together nicely!

(Once I start getting some of the pieces for my car I'll start doing up tech articles for everything I do. The home page might be a better resource for this info instead of the forums - just have the links to the articles in the forum.)

I'll keep posting as more ideas come to me... :unsure:

Rabin

I like the idea of having a 4 series and 5 series forum. That might be a nice touch after we get a few more posts..

The top logo link idea is a good one, though if you click on the 505turbo.com right below it it'll take you back to the homepage. hmmm

It is going to be a little tough to seperate the sites technical resources between the forum and site. Either way, there will be links..

The other thing that I don't want to turn people off is the URL. I don't want to imply that this forum is 505 turbo related only ya know? I think if it does take off and people are liking it, i'll purchase another domain so it'll be a striaght up peugeot forum, then i'll just link to it from the 505turbo.com site or something.. sound good?

Thanks for your input Rabin, its mucho appreciated! ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
How do you all like the forum? Is there something you'd like to see added? let us know!

Great work! Been a while since I checked on your website and this is a pleasant surprise. Hope to see more people and more info posted.

Congratulations.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Nice forum dedicated to the 505. One of the most reliable and comfortable peugeots ever.

But everybody seems to post everything in "General Peugeot discussion". A lot of the topics fit better in movies and pics for example. Maybe the webmaster can move some topic to better fitting chapters to get the forum structured and well-organized.

• 7 months later...

The forum is making my "Safari" browser quit unexpectedly. This has been going on for sometime.

Oh no, 505T is a mac user? :D

I truly apologize 505T, make sure Safari is up to date (system update should take care of this). We tried to get the site as cross platform compatible as possible, but the Apple's were just giving us hell (and apologies for the weird looking DHTML menu's as well).

I would suggest trying the following browsers:

1. Camino

http://www.caminobrowser.org/

2. Firefox

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

We do intend to fix the mac problems in the future, but for now, sit tight :huh: