89 405 for sale

504peugeot

• 2 weeks later...

just updating info on the '89 405. the head has been replaced by peugeot under warranty when they had the oil consumption issues early. both the cv joints have been rebuilt and I replaced the rear main seal with a viton double lip oil seal to last longer . I also fabricated the thermostat housing using an aluminum housing to cut chances of cracking which the plastic housing was prone to . The headlamps are euro spec with H4 bulbs and integral driving lights .I have also replaced the rubber brake lines. I like working on cars and done almost all the work myself at home.I would like to sell the car rather than send it to a salvage yard.

welcome! i moved this post to the For Sale/Want ads section, it gets much more traffic than where you had originally posted (and it's the right place anyway :) ).

that's very cool that you are the original owner. i love that calypso blue color, it's not something that you see everyday. has the car ever been repainted? where is the car located?

andré

• 3 months later...

What would it take to save it from the salvage yard?

If you're not a part of the Facebook page I could link it there too.

I'll openly weep if you have to donate it - it simply can't end that way!

Rabin

if I got a good offer that would be great. I think transport is a concern for some of the enquires i had, I am not sure how expensive it would be for the price of the car.I think people may think transport costs for the value of the car may weigh into it. If the car was priced much higher it may me worth spending money on transport, thats what my thinking is. I am also not part of Facebook

Indy

• 1 month later...