Compressor Maps

Stewart

Oh! Cool Beans, Bean!!!!! How about you or Dr. Keeebs, weigh an inlet and exhaust valve and a rocker arm to start the N9T weapon development ?

I think the rocker is a 1:1.5 ratio ?

Base circle of the Dani and maximum dimension of the lobe, base to tip will get me rolling.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tuning is almost dead on. I used a bit of abstract thinking ( you can now all chant, "Again?")

I re read the dynosim charts and zeroed in on where maximum torque should be at different levels of boost and rpm. Then reworked the advance graph in high load areas to have a constant ign number then slightly increasing towards max rpm as the BMEP/Torque starts to drop off. That has made a difference to the smoothness once boost is up. Mixtures are now almost all mapped beautifully, so a quick tickle using the knock muffs should do. I got screwed with the 505's even though they didn't cost much. They are in incredibly bad shape, so I'm going to just cut my way into them and retrieve the boxes and driveline stuff. I can't believe these two cars were actually stored close to his house. I'm afraid of catching some terrible disease just by looking inside a doorway!

I too, have a very nice 505. Not pristine but very good indeed. The ntwo wrecks need a bit of time to let the puss and spiders die off , then a nice 5" cutting disc or two should help in extracting the two BA10/5's. I'm thinking cut the things apart and arrange a scrap steel bin for the body work. I'm nervous to light the oxy torch near them!

I drove the 404 hard today and it feels very close. Next week or so, a mechanic friend and I, shall proceed forthwith, to a suitable to sea level road and fine tune the ignition, with the electronic knock ear phones on me old head!. Once he and I are happy we can get a Dyno read . It feels pretty good, so far.

Next week or so, a mechanic friend and I, shall proceed forthwith, to a suitable to sea level road and fine tune the ignition, with the electronic knock ear phones on me old head!. Once he and I are happy we can get a Dyno read . It feels pretty good, so far.

when this happens, pictures, please! :)

• 2 months later...

Well, we two witch doctors have not done the tune yet as the dreaded exhaust leak malady has befallen my new manifold. However the solution is nigh. Instead of a gasket we go metal to metal at head face to manifold. I found this today, DEI gasket solution.. I've been searching for this sort of product for quite a while.

Are you using metal gaskets now or the stock non-turbo gaskets?

DEI solution looks great. But the .005 gap limit means it has to be a very true surface...

I think I'd like to use that with a sheet steel or copper gasket to give the sealing surfaces more leniency.

Rabin

I don't have a mill at my service at the moment mate. I'm thinking of using some old sheet stainless about 0.75mm (0.030"). I have almost finished the job and shall be knocking the port holes through it tomorrow. It looks pretty good so far. The mating faces on this engine seem to be moving a lot on the exhaust manifold to head. The bit of stainless feels, to my old mechanic's hand, flexible enough to work. ( At last a leak free solid exhaust!!).

Does the N9T engine use a stainless shim standard?

Stock N9Txx use a two layer stainless steel gasket with something in between. I've reused them with no issue, but if I'm ever without a usable gasket I'll get some water jet cut out of copper or see if suitable copper rings can be used as Keebs suggested.

BTW - I did get your email and still thinking on it im the midst of house renos. :)

Rabin

• 1 year later...