tailight assembly help

Hey guys, does anyone know where i can find a replacement tailight circuit board, mine broke replaceing a bulb, I was able to jerry rig the wires to the different bulbs but now my tailights stay on all the time and i have no brake lights. Also after i i did all that when i turn my headlights on the car stays running even with the ignition turn off and the key out, until i turned off the headlights,Its driving my nuts. any help is as always much appreciated. Thanks guys

A better solution might be to identify all the wires, then cut the connector off and extend each wire directly to the bulb sockets.

My idea for mine was to surface wire the old board with new wires going to a proper sealed electrical connector - quick trip to a wrecker and you can likely fine a nice connector with 24" of wire or so and you could solder it in for a proper permanent fix.

Problem you're having is due to the ground - so make sure there nice and clean.

Rabin

i believe this photo shows what rabin is talking about:

peugeot505taillightwiring_zps6468b140.jp

the circuit board to which the bulbs are attached is very flimsy, and the printed circuit on it cracks & breaks, causing loss of power & shorts. aside from getting a new circuit board (rare & expensive & just as flimsy), a good fix for this is to use the board for support only and re-wire everything as this guy did.

got that photo from this forum or peugeot-l a long time ago (sorry i forgot the source!)...hope it helps...

andré

PS -- low point of peugeot 505 ownership -- the first time you disassemble your taillights.... :)

Yup - just like that pic, but I'd go one further and use a better sealed electrical connecto off another car that has the same number of wires. A little more work, but it'd be a one time fix and you'd never have any issues...

I worked on my old Subaru and every electrical connector is beautifully sealed and loaded with diaelectric grease - it's no wonder it NEVER had electrical issues.

Rabin