Not dead yet... Peugeot Onyx Concept car...

Bean

Peugeot-Onyx_Concept_2012_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

http://www.netcarshow.com/peugeot/2012-onyx_concept/

Love the concept - but they really needed a cool production car concept that had the same sort of brilliance. Hopefully this spurs them into coming out with something radical and revolutionary.

Rabin

I love the Onyx. Not only is it beautiful and purposefully styled, but the materials they chose (like the naked Copper) is just inspired. Definitely not something that would go on a production car, but it's a perfect concept car. Would a Peugeot supercar be taken seriously? Probably not, at least not by most armchair critics. Still, the idea of using the LMP technology in the engine is just damn cool.

the onyx reminds me of the old vector, especially around the back. it makes me wonder, though -- why do current car designers hate mirrors so much? :blink:

andré

Nice catch - I do see some vector in it as well. As for the mirrors - I think the concept is a style exercise and mirrors are the result of needed function. With the use of cameras now days, it's probably not long before they're done away with all together on a new car.

As for the Onyx getting taken seriously - 600HP heart of the LeMan's car would ensure it does. I just can't see them making it as these halo cars rarely if ever make any money. I too love the recycled use of materials, and honestly the egg carton inspired interior is just awesome. No idea how it'd actually work in real life - but who cares, brilliant idea IMHO.

Rabin