More bad news from Peugeot

Not sure if this has been posted already. It's no surprise really, but sad to see the world's second oldest car maker sort of falling on its face. Everyone here has a Peugeot they love, whether it's from the middle of the 20th century or from a few days ago. I hope that somehow something of the company is salvaged and lives on.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/07/2323610/carmaker-peugeot-pushed-off-frances.html

Being so far away from their cars, I can't tell how their model line-up fares these days. Everybody who goes to Europe and rents one always raves about it, but they're still loosing marketshare in the one place they have left - Europe. I think they've got all their hopes pinned on emerging markets, but I don't trust China. Don't you have to have a 51/40 split their way with a local? Things are peachy now, but wait 'till China suffers challenges of their own. Ironically, they got their view of private property from Europeans.

I don't see them coming back to NA. GM is not in a position to help. If they can't fix Opel, how can they fix PSA?

Sadly, I think they're done. The French govt will probably force merge them with Renualt.

• 2 weeks later...