Another Introduction...

Hello to everyone out in the forums! :)

I stumbled across this forum while reading a post in the "Peugeot 505 Owners Club of America" Facebook group, and I'm very glad that I did! I've been fascinated by Peugeots for the longest time and my aspiration is to someday own one.

Unfortunately I'm finding that my aspiration seems to be pretty lofty considering I live in Texas, not exactly prime territory for 505s! I did see an STX at my university a few months back though...

Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself and get involved in the 505 community!

Cheers,

Matt B

Welcome here.

My #1 guy for parts is in Dallas. There is a small but strong French car contingent in TX.

Of course, most people accept the fact that you have to drive a long way to get the one you want. Just the way it is nowdays.

Good luck on your search. Do you have one specific type in mind?

Welcome here.

My #1 guy for parts is in Dallas. There is a small but strong French car contingent in TX.

Of course, most people accept the fact that you have to drive a long way to get the one you want. Just the way it is nowdays.

Good luck on your search. Do you have one specific type in mind?

Thanks for the welcome N9TE! I never knew there was such a strong community here in Texas... I've only seen one actual Peugeot in my whole life down here. I don't really have any specific type in mind. I'd be more than happy to get my feet wet with any flavor 505, or even a 405 if there was one to be found.

I noticed when I was reading through the forum last night that there was an 86 505 on offer here in the Dallas area, but I'm not sure if the owner still has it on offer. I sent him a message, but he hasn't responded yet.

It certainly makes me feel better to know that when I hopefully become a Peugeot owner that there is a great parts guy in the area. :)

Matt

welcome, matt! i assume koll (n9te) is talking about rob courter -- a great source for parts and peugeot knowledge. you can find his contact info in the "vendors" section of this forum; if you are currently looking for a peugeot, it might be a good idea to contact him, he might be able to point you towards cars in the area that are available...

andré

welcome, matt! i assume koll (n9te) is talking about rob courter -- a great source for parts and peugeot knowledge. you can find his contact info in the "vendors" section of this forum; if you are currently looking for a peugeot, it might be a good idea to contact him, he might be able to point you towards cars in the area that are available...

andré

Thanks André for welcoming me to the forum, and for providing information that will surely prove to be useful! :)

Not a very good welcome to have the site go down right after you joined, then get attack warnings for it when it comes back up! I will get the issue sorted ASAP though so please don't let the temporary issues keep you away.

Good luck with the car search - they really are great cars. Just make sure you have the time and budget to treat them right, and if at all possible buy the best one you can afford. A well maintained car is a bargain compared to a neglected one that needs a lot to get it right.

Rabin

• 2 weeks later...

Rabin- It was kind of frustrating to have the site down so soon after I joined, but I'm still here. :)

Thanks for wishing me luck on the car search! I did find a car locally in pretty decent shape- a GL Turbo, so no power accessories to break. I made the mistake of telling my father about going to look at the car... he put a stop to that. I'm probably going to have to pass on this particular car (I don't think the owner is too pleased that I had to cancel on him, since he will no longer respond to my emails... :() or any car until I head back to college. So, I'm still carless at the moment. I won't stop looking though.

Your first Peugeot as a DD in college is probably not a great idea unless your flush with cash and have the resources to repair the car as needed. Pretty much the same advise for ANY older car, but particularly true for these cars. If your skill set is limited - you're ALWAYS best to buy the best car you can afford. If you can only afford a beater - then get a cheap disposable car until you can afford a nice Peugeot with a budget to keep it in good condition.

If you can't help yourself - buy the best maintained car you can find. I'll take a well maintained high mile car over a poorly maintained low mile car any day.

GL-turbo's are a sweet car though - I really need to find the time to get mind back in shape.

Rabin