Volvo 240

Toni Lindroos

This is definitely off topic. ;-) Are there many Volvo 240's still on the road in US? I've seen that car model in so many movies and many of those movies are made in this millenium... I can't remember any movies by name just now but a good example is the TV show Medium in which the main character drives a 240 wagon. Has the car reached some cult status or something like that over there?-)

The 240 (or a "tractor" like many people here like to call it ;-D) was a very popular car in Finland and you still can see some in every day. My brother has a 1985 240 GLE (2 liter carburator engine) as a daily driver. It's a very durable car but at the moment there are some rust problems that should be taken care of soon... Its ride and handling are definitely not in the same level as 505's but I still like that car.

Toni,

My buddy has a 91 240 volvo............keeps telling me to get rid of my car............and I tell him the same about his volvo. We actually have a bet going on who's car will last the longest...........lol. The winner gets to keep both cars.

P.S.........there's no comparison between both cars..........505 takes it hands down.

• 6 months later...

hahah nice video V-M! i wonder how many sets of rear tires he's went through.

Toni, there are still a lot of older volvo's driving around over here. every time i'm at the junk yard i'm still blown away by the volume of old 740's and 760's. they definitely dominate the european section.

watching that video i'd love to crack some joke about the aero dynamics, but uuh, i'm not sure the 505 is much better. :mellow:

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

get a 245 tic

theyre great and fast

i have a 92 )newer model)

and im doing the +T myself (turbocharging)

its not that hard b/c my b230F engine is virtually identical to the other b+T engines' basic design.

makes em easy to turbocharge.

usaually the turbo of choice is a garrett t3 or t3/t4

also see some mitsubishis here and there...