First track event with STX

anj

http://www.flickr.co...57629308484690/

This Sunday I attended the evolution performance school held at Virginia international Raceway. I was prepping the car till Saturday midnight and then left for the track at 0430.

I had trouble with the car jumping out of gear in 2nd and reverse so I decided to adjust the linkage. When I had it apart I decided to make a new linkage as the old one was too rusted. I made a new linkage with Heim joints and then decided to make it a short throw. After putting everything together it shifted great and then I put the two rubber shift boots that I adapted from cv joints. The shifter then popped out of gear while on the stands. One of the boots was too stiff and thats what was causing it to jump out of gear.

I also had the fan fail and I installed a Spal 16 inch puller fan and the Spal relay. I used the existing temp sensor on the rad.

I passed tech with the exeption of the helmet but allowed to use it for this event. I will need to buy a SA2010 helmet.

Class was going on the one mile patriot track three cars at a time with a instructor. We did eight runs, first two, students drive followed by two runs by the instructor. Then the student drives four runs. My runs went well and was increasing speed and one time I didn't brake early and spun into the grass. The car did well with no brake fade. The tires were all season street tires and were quite slick when it started raining.

For the next event in May which will be the full 4 mile course I would like the wheel and tire upgrade done, LS calipers, ABS fixed and stiffer springs. the pictures are taken by myself and a friend of the MB 190 and the video is of the course.

Arun

They didn't time in the class and in the afternoon session when they did time it was raining. Short answer is I don't know. Because of the rain the three heats in the afternoon were split and I did four laps. I left as I would have to wait two hours for my turn. The track when was very slick in the corners and we are responsible for any damage.

Arun

Nice! I've done Patriot course before, albeit on a bike. It's short but I kind of like it because it's easy to learn. Plus since it is short, you get a lot of practice on the same corners over and over. The paddock area is crappy, but other than that it's a great little track.

How nice it is to see a vintage Peugeot out there!