'89 505 V6 Resurrection

billbranch

Cruise control component location needed. Where does the module mount?

We had to rebuild the inner fender, which we cannibalized from a diesel which was configured differently.

For some perverse reason, no one took pictures of the before condition.

Does anyone have a jpg of the engine compartment showing component locations I can send the restoration crew?

Thank you.

Cruise control component location needed. Where does the module mount?

We had to rebuild the inner fender, which we cannibalized from a diesel which was configured differently.

For some perverse reason, no one took pictures of the before condition.

Does anyone have a jpg of the engine compartment showing component locations I can send the restoration crew?

Thank you.

Hi Bill

I will take pictures of the components on bothh fenders. I don't know what the module looks like so I will shoot a few pics and post tonight.

Arun

• 2 months later...

Ok I finally picked the thing up yesterday after months of excuses and baloney. The car runs OK and it looks pretty good.

I had the shroud and electro-magnetic clutch and fan removed and we were able to use a new hose, from what car I do not know. See electric fan in place.

I installed a new rear spoiler to improve handling when I get over 180 mph. New damper in trunk. I'll try to attach a few pix here but the site is out-witting me.

post-35-0-29337600-1343588546_thumb.jpg

post-35-0-80577500-1343588567_thumb.jpg

post-35-0-48923800-1343588578_thumb.jpg

post-35-0-67703000-1343588589_thumb.jpg

post-35-0-61556800-1343588601_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome Bill!

One suggestion you might want to try: Plastic headlight lens repair kit on your rear tail lights. Any sort of plastic polish will do - and it'a amazing what the results are like. The plastic looks new...

BTW - Did you have the jack cover for it? I found one in my garage - just not sure which side it is.

Rabin

Thanks! I've more comments in one day about this car than all of my previous Peugeots combined.

I do have brand new lenses I bought on eBay a few months ago; I hope I wasn't bidding against anyone here.

And I am making offers on all available jacking point covers or whatever they're called. I'll contact you off-list.

• 1 month later...

I've had the car for weeks now, and am quite happy. Just a couple of questions:

1. Can anyone tell me oil filters commonly found which fit?

2. It seems I have a bit of oversteer. The rear end seems to have too much roll when changing lanes at speed, too much input from the steering wheel on hard off ramps (75-80 mph). Correctible by alignment?

3. How rare are these red interiors? I need carpets, console, whatever might exist to make the car closer to perfect.

And one other caveat. I spent enough getting the body rehabilitated and painted to make a down payment on a cottage on the water in Manchester-By-The-Sea, MA. Today I came home from work and saw four chips in the paint, parking lot damage. People today just do not give a damn, and, if you've had a car restored or if you've bought a nice new car, and you have to use it around town, just be ready to have your heart broken.

How rare are these red interiors? I need carpets, console, whatever might exist to make the car closer to perfect.

very. i haven't been at this as long as some others here, but the number of red interiors that i've heard of can be counted on one hand. most 505 interiors are tan, blue or charcoal.

your best bet is simply to replace the tired materials. i found a place that sells cut carpet sets for 505s and 504s (not molded like the original), it was the only place that i found that sells new carpet for our cars. i bought a set in dark blue, and will post how it fits, etc. let me know if you want more info on this.

Today I came home from work and saw four chips in the paint, parking lot damage. People today just do not give a damn, and, if you've had a car restored or if you've bought a nice new car, and you have to use it around town, just be ready to have your heart broken.

bastards! :angry:

andré

• 4 weeks later...
Guest EUROTRASH

Back to EUROTRASH (I did change to Sukhoi for a while)

Rabin is right about the Argentine grill, seems like this topic keeps coming back.

The grill belongs to the 1992-1995 Argentine 505, and it only works properly with headlights from the same production year.

During that period the Argentine 505 was also provided with a front sport bumper that is similar but did not come out as far as the regular sport bumper. Also new tail-lights and new rear license plate holder, these looked great but they were made of plastic not acrylic and the quality was very poor.

Glad to be back ;-)

Guest EUROTRASH

I've had the car for weeks now, and am quite happy.

Congratulations on your new 505, 'billbranch'. If you have a Facebook account, I would like to invite you to join our group 'PEUGEOT 505 OF NORTH AMERICA' http://www.facebook.com/groups/40914120063/ ...this group is for U.S and Canada residents only (though we do make exceptions on occasion).

With your permission I would like to post some of your photos on our group, your name goes with it.

Fernando A.

• 5 months later...
OK on the brakes. I have had two (2) sets of front rotors which had been cut and which last about five thousand miles. Dog food.

I am going with the Porsche rotors. I found a set on eBay for $60 which I'll have next week.

I'll keep everyone apprised of how this works out.

If you still happen to have the old rotors can you save them for me? (I'll pay shipping)

My brother Arun is in the midst of having the old rotors turned into rotor hats, and then fitting a replaceable brake rotor onto it. He's doing a big brake upgrade - but it should be easy enough to fit a stock size rotor for a somewhat bolt on replacement.

Keep us posted though - if the 944 rotor is the easier stock replacement option that would be great. The 2pc rotor/hat idea would be the option for upgrading brakes.

Rabin

• 1 year later...

Hello I would like to inform that the red interior on Thomas Kinder's latest acquisition, a 1989 Peugeot 505 STX Automatic, is trashed and will be replaced. I hope that helps your bodycount of red interiors in North America.
Also, if anyone has any questions on Argentina aesthetics for Peugeot 505s please contact me as I have been researching with my buddies in Argentina. :)
Sorry for the bump, Bean!

• 2 years later...