N9tE jerking problem

pushgo

Everytime I accelerate hard in the engine does a hard hick up and jerking manner. This is only when hard acceleration happenes. if I'm at a stop and proceed to gradually pick up speed not so much. I thought maybe it could be the distributor cap and or plug wires. But I checked those and they seem fine. I had a spark plugs changed about 12,000 miles ago. Anybody have any thoughts?

I'd guess your timing is out, or you might be over-boosting. If boost is OK - then it's most likely timing.

Rabin

BTW - did you get the warnings when coming to the site of malware? We're currently trying to get it sorted ASAP.

Rabin

BTW - did you get the warnings when coming to the site of malware? We're currently trying to get it sorted ASAP

yes. i get warnings that i have to click through twice to do anything that involves connecting to the site (bad site-ignore, are you sure? etc.)...this makes posting impossible unless i turn off the warnings in my preferences. i use a mac that i've locked down pretty tight, so i'm not concerned about the malware itself, but still.... :(

andré

Rabin,

I haven't done anything with the boost or turbo. Im thinking it's probably something to ignition, plug wires, distributor cap, because if I'm cruising along at a stead rate of speed engine pulls ok. I do how ever feel some slight hesitation, it' only occurs when I pull away from a dead stop (occasionally) or when I need to accelerate like getting in the freeway or passing, so therefore I have to ease into the accelerator.

I would be inclined to verify that the overboost switch is not kicking in. The manual describes the procedure where you may run a hose directly from the plenum to get a reading from a "real" gauge. The stock gauge converts pressure to electrical to activate the gauge. For a permanent installation, run the hose through the existing hole in the firewall where the fusebox is located.

-Bill

• 1 month later...

Everytime I accelerate hard in the engine does a hard hick up and jerking manner. This is only when hard acceleration happenes. if I'm at a stop and proceed to gradually pick up speed not so much. I thought maybe it could be the distributor cap and or plug wires. But I checked those and they seem fine. I had a spark plugs changed about 12,000 miles ago. Anybody have any thoughts?

It most likey the waste gate in the turbo is Frozen shut. It makes the car fast to point but knocks out. My car does the same thing but i like the power and do not want to take the time to fix it which is a big job. I try to be cool but at 185,000 miles it close to crank bearings and pistons any way. You can try to free the waste gate linkage from down under. Frank