Front ABS suspension and brakes

Vjeko

Hi,

does anybody know with which care else share 505 with ABS the same parts such as front suspension and front disc brakes. I only know that the front brake pliars "Ate" are the same on some Audi (I think Audi 100) and some Porsche.

Does anybody know some more informations?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The brake calipers are used on early 944 Porsche's. The same early 944 front disks can be made to fit the 505 ABS hub, but I would suggest machining the hubs to accept the 944 brake disk.

The ABS components are Teves and they were used on several Ford cars in the same era.

Rabin

Thanks Bean and for link Andre. :)

The most stupid thing on Peugeot 505/504/604 brakes is that the disc is mounted behind the hub and you always risk the bearing damage or dirt when disasamble the hub.

Is there some aftermarket disc for replacement without machining disc?

vjeko -- sadly, the short answer to your question is "no."

i don't know if any aftermarket rotors (i.e., discs) were ever made for the ABS-equipped 505s, but if there ever were, they're all gone now. the only replacement rotors that seem to be available for these cars are the NOS (new old stock) OE units that pop up for sale from time to time, usually in europe. the last pair i saw mentioned on one of the forums was going for something like US$800 (a bit over 600 euros)!!! that's without the shipping costs added, of course. <_<

various people have mentioned re-manufacturing replacement rotors but to my knowledge no one has done it yet. on this forum and others, there have also been discussions of alternatives that usually involve machining the hubs to accept replacement rotors from other cars (like the porsche 944 rotors rabin mentioned, above).

andré